Lirica temperatures on board

t60

What are the temperatures like in the public rooms? I always find Princess and HAL a little on the chilly side, is that the same on MSC? Do they have the Capt introduce the officers etc or some sort of reception...I supoose free drinks are out of the question :-(

Sandy in Spain

What are the temperatures like in the public rooms? I always find Princess and HAL a little on the chilly side, is that the same on MSC?

I can't speak about the Lirica but, as someone who's very sensitive to draughts and hates air conditioning, I don't recall ever having a problem on MSC ships unless sitting close to doors opening out to the decks if the weather was cold.

Do they have the Capt introduce the officers etc or some sort of reception..

They do introduce the officers on one of the nights in the theatre - it depends where you embark which night on your itinerary it happens. The kitchen chefs are also on parade in the MDRs on one of the Gala nights.

I suppose free drinks are out of the question :-(

Sandy in Spain

There is a pre-dinner cocktail reception on one of the Gala nights where free drinks are served - glasses of Prosecco and a cocktail of some sort are offered in the main bars in the vicinity of the atrium (on Fantasia class ships, anyway - they're all I have experience of). Keep an eye on your daily planner for information regarding this and all other events.

Only found the MDR a bit chilly when the ship was in the US. They cranked up the AC to suit the Americans and froze us Europenas. Actually it wasn't that bad. Anywhere else, the ship is fine. For some reason cabin stewards think that as I come from a cold climate, they should acclimatise me and turn the tempwrature in my cabin to the lowest setting. I may be used to the cold, doesn't mean I like it though! Easily fixed though by adjusting it out of the blue zone and well into the red!