Oosterdam pictures leaving San Diego today

nobbync

Man, you really take some awesome pics with available lighting! Thanks a lot for sharing! Did you take these from NAS North Island or Coronado?

Hi John, Thanks! I took these from Harbor Island. It's been so beautiful the last couple days had to take advantage of it with the Oosterdam in port.

Did you go to MCRD for BC?

Nobby

Hi John, Thanks! I took these from Harbor Island. It's been so beautiful the last couple days had to take advantage of it with the Oosterdam in port.

Did you go to MCRD for BC?

Nobby

Yes Sir, back in 1976 (a once in a lifetime experience;) )

Keep up the good work!

Hi Everyone... Took a few more photos of the Oosterdam leaving today so thought you'd enjoy...

Nobby

Beautiful! Looking forward to my first cruise on her Jan 20. Thanks so much for sharing. Do you live in the area, to be able to snag such great photos?

Yes Sir, back in 1976 (a once in a lifetime experience;) )

Keep up the good work!

Well congrats on your time in and glad you got the once in a lifetime experience. I was your next door neighbor at RTC but a few years later (1981). For me it was also a once in a liftetime experince and glad I enjoyed it. Sure wouldn't want to do it now though! :eek:

Nobby

Beautiful! Looking forward to my first cruise on her Jan 20. Thanks so much for sharing. Do you live in the area, to be able to snag such great photos?

Yes, I live about 5 minutes from Harbor Island and I also work towards the tip of Pt Loma so sometimes I can watch the ships come in each morning if I am early enough. Unfortunately I can't bring my camera to work so I miss out on a lot of sunrise photos of them pulling in and I haven't been able to wake up at 5 am on the weekends to get out... So I stick to evening photos for now...

Thanks!

Nobby

Well congrats on your time in and glad you got the once in a lifetime experience. I was your next door neighbor at RTC but a few years later (1981). For me it was also a once in a liftetime experince and glad I enjoyed it. Sure wouldn't want to do it now though! :eek:

Nobby

I came out in 1980 and joined my current job - Wouldn't have traded the experience for the world! Thank you for serving too!

Nobby

Gremlins

Nobby, I just realized the Zaandam pictures are from our cruise on November 16th. They are beautiful. I too have gone over to Harbor Island to take pictures when I have been in SD of the Oosterdam a few years ago.

Thanks so very much for posting the link to those great pictures.:)

Nobby, I too have to say WOW:cool:

Those are some amazing pictures of my favorite ship, would you mind if I copies a few for my screen saver? My favoirt ship and favorite port the only thing better is being on that ship leaving that port:D

Hi Lisa,

Thanks! If you send me an email I can send you a larger size shot for your screen saver. nobbync@yahoo.com just tell me what shot you want.

BTW, I really enjoyed your Zaandam review. We will be on Zaandam in Oct 07 sailing the Pacific to Hawaii. I can't wait!

Nobby

Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos. I feel like I'm right there! I lived in the San Diego area almost 24 years and sometimes really miss it but going back for a cruise when I can is always something to look forward to and your photos will certainly be worth looking at time and again! Wishing you great cruises ahead!

Hi Nobby,

Those photos are absolutely sensational. Both HAL and the SD Chamber of Commerce should be chasing you down to try to give you a contract. I particularly loved photo #2 of the Oosterdam on December 2nd and wanted to buy a copy but smug-mug (?) only offers a small print and I was looking for something a lot larger.

Thanks anyway for sharing those wonderful photos with us, they truly are gorgeous and I thoroughly enjoyed them all.

Valerie:)

particularly loved photo #2 of the Oosterdam on December 2nd and wanted to buy a copy but smug-mug (?) only offers a small print and I was looking for something a lot larger.

Hi Valerie,

Contact me by email at nobbync@yahoo.com and let me know what size you are looking for. If I can print it out myself I'd be happy to send you a copy. Right now I don't really want anyone to print my photos that's why it is blocked on Smugmug. Plus I only download low quality jpg's on Smugmug. After I get comfortable with my camera I will set up my page for people to print out what they want.

Thanks for the wonderful comments.

Nobby

Archived