San Francisco Pier

Weluv2cruise2007

We'll be boarding the Star Princess next Friday I think from pier 27 (?) I've been told that in the event it is raining (which so far it doesn't look good) that there is no shelter and it's possible to be waiting outside for hours because there is no where to wait indoors and they don't let people in until it's time to board. Is this true?? I certainly have no desire to stand outside in the rain with all our luggage and a toddler, but given Hotel check out is probably 11 or noon at the latest, not sure what other choice we have!

We'll be boarding the Star Princess next Friday I think from pier 27 (?) I've been told that in the event it is raining (which so far it doesn't look good) that there is no shelter and it's possible to be waiting outside for hours because there is no where to wait indoors and they don't let people in until it's time to board. Is this true?? I certainly have no desire to stand outside in the rain with all our luggage and a toddler, but given Hotel check out is probably 11 or noon at the latest, not sure what other choice we have!

The experience of Pier 27 isn't long, but they seem to be letting people into the terminal about 11-11:30. You will give your luggage to the porters before you get in line. They don't seem to be letting people board until about noon, but there may be long lines for security and checking in, as well as outside. There are chairs after checking in. If you are there on a rainy day, could you please let us know your experiences.

We'll be there Friday morning as well, Weluv2cruise2007! We'll be bringing the raincoats, but our hope is that because the ship is coming out of drydock, and there won't be anyone disembarking or any in transit passengers, that they will be able to let us into the terminal earlier.

We'll be there Friday morning as well, Weluv2cruise2007! We'll be bringing the raincoats, but our hope is that because the ship is coming out of drydock, and there won't be anyone disembarking or any in transit passengers, that they will be able to let us into the terminal earlier.

Wonder what time the Metro Cruise Service employees have been instructed to show up for work that day? That is the company Princess contracts with to handle embarkation duties.

http://www.metrocruiseservices.com/about.html

• 1 month later...
The experience of Pier 27 isn't long, but they seem to be letting people into the terminal about 11-11:30. You will give your luggage to the porters before you get in line. They don't seem to be letting people board until about noon, but there may be long lines for security and checking in, as well as outside. There are chairs after checking in. If you are there on a rainy day, could you please let us know your experiences.

We will be embarking Star Princess on Jan 28 in San Francisco, Pier 27. Never having sailed out of SF before, we are wondering about the seating inside this new cruise terminal, and we are also concerned that the terminal doors may not open until 11:00 or so. Is there plentiful seating inside the terminal? Is there any seating outdoors, in case we arrive before the terminal opens? We have had excellent embarkation experiences at San Pedro, Ft. Lauderdale, Vancouver, Boston, San Diego, Seattle, and Vancouver. Can't believe they would design a terminal with insufficient seating, or would not open doors until 11:00! What's the scoop on this terminal?

I'm also sailing out of SF in a couple of weeks, and would love to hear from anyone who has cruised from this terminal recently on when Princess actually starts the check-in process. I like to get on board as soon as possible, but Princess says the official check-in time starts at 1:00 pm, which is much later than when I've cruised out of San Pedro or Ft. Lauderdale; usually I arrive around 11:30 and I'm eating lunch well before 1 pm! I don't want to be waiting outside in line for an hour or two if I show up at 11:30 though. Thanks in advance!

We will be embarking Star Princess on Jan 28 in San Francisco, Pier 27. Never having sailed out of SF before, we are wondering about the seating inside this new cruise terminal, and we are also concerned that the terminal doors may not open until 11:00 or so. Is there plentiful seating inside the terminal? Is there any seating outdoors, in case we arrive before the terminal opens? We have had excellent embarkation experiences at San Pedro, Ft. Lauderdale, Vancouver, Boston, San Diego, Seattle, and Vancouver. Can't believe they would design a terminal with insufficient seating, or would not open doors until 11:00! What's the scoop on this terminal?

There is seating outdoors. I wouldn't call it plentiful inside, as there were people standing before embarkation at 12:15.

I'm also sailing out of SF in a couple of weeks, and would love to hear from anyone who has cruised from this terminal recently on when Princess actually starts the check-in process. I like to get on board as soon as possible, but Princess says the official check-in time starts at 1:00 pm, which is much later than when I've cruised out of San Pedro or Ft. Lauderdale; usually I arrive around 11:30 and I'm eating lunch well before 1 pm! I don't want to be waiting outside in line for an hour or two if I show up at 11:30 though. Thanks in advance!

We've sailed from 27 twice, and have arrived about 11:45 each time, because that's when our ride can get us there. We love the embarkation lunch in the MDR, so are glad when boarding isn't delayed too long, which usually only happens on Coast Guard inspection after the ship has been away from the US for a while, like around South America.