Wraparound Aft Suite On Pride - 7298

NewCarnyGuy

I'm considering cruising as a "third" on the Carnival Pride in a category 11 suite - Rm 7298. There seem to be conflicting posts about this cabin... some imply that the cabin is set up as two distinct rooms (a bedroom and living room, with a bath and dressing area separating the two) and others seem to describe them as one large room. Does anyone have a definitive answer... or, better yet have links to pictures of this cabin? While I'm very close to the couple I'd be traveling with, I would like to give them their privacy as much as possible. I'm still in the process of deciding to go... so any help you could give me about how this room is set up would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Cruise Critic NewCarnyGuy! That cabin is our "preferred" cabin, and although we've not been on the Pride, we have on the Legend and Miracle. These ships are all sister ships, and identical in layout. Yes, 7298 does have the separate bedroom and dressing room. Here is a link to some of our pictures. Although they are of the Legend, it will give you an idea. http://travel.webshots.com/album/293301983cTuMUz

Thanks popcorngal. That balcony looks incredible. I DO wish I could see some interior pics though. I looked at another album of yours and I saw a pic of what looks like a totally seperate bedroom with a door. Does that door go straight from the B.R. to the L.R. or is the bathroom and/or dressing area really between the two?

You're both very welcome. It's kinda hard to describe the layout, but here goes...If you're standing in the living room looking out the balcony door, behind you is a sliding door that leads to the dressing room and the bathroom. To your right then is the door to the bedroom. The bedroom also has a door to the dressing room, so that can room be totally closed off. That way if someone is sleeping on the sofa, they can head to the bathroom without waking up those in the bedroom and vice versa. The bedroom also has a very nice walk in closet. I know it sounds as clear as mud, but it's a great room. Enjoy!:D

We just had the identical room on Pride and if I were to share a room with friends, I would share this one. Very Roomy and set up for guests. Couch is comfortable to lay on. Balcony cannot be described as anything but your own "deck". It is over the top. Bathroom is very spacious too. Go for it.

Is the bed for the 3rd person actually the sofa in the living room? It pulls out into a twin size bed?

Also, is it correct that there are 2 tv's? One in the bedroom, and one in the living room ?

( sounds like an Embassy Suites room!)

No, the sofa does not open up. They just take the back cushions off and make it up like a twin bed. There are nice big drawers underneath that are a great place to stow items. And yes, two TV's and two phones as well. Not quite as big as Embassy Suites, but roomy just the same.

As for the deck, last time when we arrived, there were NINE deck chairs out there! We sure didn't need or want them, but there was room for them...:D

We were just in 7298 on Legend. Excellent room! The wraparounds on decks 4, 6, 7, and 8 are divided. Only the ones on deck 5 are one large room.

Desk on right with TV above in living room.

Down hall, first door on right leads to dressing room, which leads to bathroom. The other open door in the dressing room leads to bedroom.

At left is patio door to deck.

Door at end of hall leads to bedroom, showing TV above dresser with safe.

IMG_1794.jpg

Wow... you guys are thorough! Thanks so much! I'm a regular over on the Princess board (started the new "Carny" name yesterday though) and I didn't know what to expect.

Great pictures everyone. It looks to me as though there are a few differences in the layout of the Legend cabin and the Pride. Both seem wonderful though.

Wow...that's a weird feeling to see that picture and think, "I slept in that bed"! LOL

Keep in mind that if you saw pictures of a room on the opposite corner of the ship, that things will be reversed. We were in 7347 this year, and it took some getting used to things being just the opposite. Other than some possible decor differences, I can't see how the Pride's cabins would be much different than the Legend. We had 7298 on the Miracle also, and it was identical to the Legend, except the pictures on the walls were different. No matter what though, you'll love this cabin and it's balcony!

If we have a last minute change, do you think they would letus just stay withonly 2 people?

Not sure what you're asking jspirit... but if you're asking if they'll refund a third passenger's additional fee... I believe the answer is no. I think that's standard industry-wide.

The day they forced us to get off the ship we snuck over and checked out the suite in question. We were on the same deck and were some of the last off the ship. (ideal time to snoop around as all the cabins were wide open for housekeeping...we asked the room steward first if we could take a peek ;) )

It is a suite set up for privacy. We were very interested in it as we travel with kids in separate cabins but would like to do the suite thing with the wrap around deck in the future. This is really set up for privacy and would work out if you are traveling with friends. Have fun :)

Not sure what you're asking jspirit... but if you're asking if they'll refund a third passenger's additional fee... I believe the answer is no. I think that's standard industry-wide.

What I mean is: if I book the cabin for 3 people, and before final payment is due, one of the passengers is not able to go, then we will only be 2 people in a cabin that has beds for 3. Will they make us change cabins?

No... not at all. The "third bed" is a fold-out couch. You wouldn't need to make the reservation for the third person before final payment is due... if you do you'll need to pay a (refundable) deposit. But you can add them later. The room just happens to be good for a third... but it's main function is to sleep two.

We've always just had the two of us in this cabin, no problem. They won't boot you out if there's only two. And like I said earlier, the couch does not fold out. The back cushions are removed (they're velcroed on) and the couch is made up as a twin size bed.

It's interesting to know that they let you even book this cabin for 2 people, when it has the * for being a 3 person cabin.

Sometimes they don't even allow the initial booking unless there are 3 people booked.

Archived