Specialty Dining on breakaway with kids, 4 and 6. Which places should we try?

ktmac1

Hi!

Cruising in November and looking for restaurant guidance. I hope to leave the girls in kids club one evening so can do a nicer night out, but for the other two nights would probably take them with us.

Which 3 places would you recommend? They will likely be ordering kids menu so it's more about the experience for them, not the food. They are fairly well behaved (cough cough, I'm sure all parents say that.)

Also - they LOVE theater shows so would like to do Cirque. Does Manhattan club have entertainment in the earlier hours (dinner will have to be before 7.) Can you make reservations there or just the specialty ones?

Should we get the package or does it make sense to do this a la carte (I know they don't charge the kids for it.)

Non food related... Can they do burn the floor too or is that for older kids? I know rock of ages is out.

My 3 year old really liked the Brazilian food in moderno. When we sailed, kids were half price off the main menu. Teppayani on the star had good food, not ideal cooking show since the chefs dropped food. It costs almost as much as on land. It's not necessarily a bad option since the food is good, but you should know ahead of time. But the star is an older ship; maybe things are better on the getaway.

My 3 year old really liked the Brazilian food in moderno. When we sailed, kids were half price off the main menu. Teppayani on the star had good food, not ideal cooking show since the chefs dropped food. It costs almost as much as on land. It's not necessarily a bad option since the food is good, but you should know ahead of time. But the star is an older ship; maybe things are better on the getaway.

The kids 1/2 off in specialties went away 2-3 years ago.

id probably do Tepanyaki and LaCucina. Tepp gives you the show and LaCucina is the least fancy and what kid doesnt like pizza and pasta?

LeBistro is the most formal, id save that for your date night. Cagneys is a close second in terms of formal. I would personally not bring any child under 10 to either of these but of course everyone is different.

We did Teppanyaki, and the kids loved it. The food was great. We also did the Cirque dinner, which was fabulous.

Shanghai's Noodle Bar was good as well -- although that is not one of the upcharge restaurants, if that's what you're asking about. The only other upcharge restaurant we did was LeBistro. Our kids actually did that on their own, for a fancy dinner together. They really liked the fanciness of it all, and the service was fast so they didn't get bored.

I'd choose Teppanyaki and Moderno, they're both more laid back and kid friendly. You can run into people trying to have romantic meals at La Cucina, Cagneys and Le Bistro.

My boys love eating at all the specialty restaurants, my youngest is now 9 and has demolished steaks at Cagneys, the beef for two with me at Le Bistro, and loves the calamari at La Cucina. However, they are able to tolerate a 1.5 hour meal with appropriate restaurant behaviour. Teppanyaki and Moderno have people moving around anyway, so if they need to go for a walk it wouldn't be out of place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk