Tampa parking: the Parktologists

cntrydncr1

• 1 month later...

yanno -- I'm in the process of looking for a hotel that offers the free parking for a nights stay to save the $75 it will cost me.... BUT - tampa parking is so easy. right across the street in a big parking garage. It was a snap for us last time.

• 11 months later...

We just parked at "the Parking Doctor" Parktologists. If you like to leave your car outside in a mud pile, parked inches from paint scratching foliage and other cars, If you like to be left standing while other people fight to get on one of the two vans they send for you, and if you like to carry your own luggage back to your car, or try to figure out how to get out of that lot, then by all means, book Parktologists. Otherwise, pay the additional and part at the port. At least there your car won't be covered in filth and you won't freeze to death on a cold snap trying to get them to let you in a van.

DO NOT USE> Just parked there, jan 3 - Jan 8. NEVER AGAIN!

We just parked at "the Parking Doctor" Parktologists. If you like to leave your car outside in a mud pile, parked inches from paint scratching foliage and other cars, If you like to be left standing while other people fight to get on one of the two vans they send for you, and if you like to carry your own luggage back to your car, or try to figure out how to get out of that lot, then by all means, book Parktologists. Otherwise, pay the additional and part at the port. At least there your car won't be covered in filth and you won't freeze to death on a cold snap trying to get them to let you in a van.

Interesting. I've read nothing but good reviews about them.

The last time we went out of Tampa, 2011, we used the parking garage, valet service. Don't remember the price, but it was very convenient. We are going out in February for a Valentine's Day cruise, and plan on using the Parking Doctors. I have read nothing but good reviews on them. The other post looks a little suspicious to me. First post on here just to let people know about their experience with parking.:rolleyes:

We used them in December. I would use them again. We arrived at 9:30, were pointed to our spot, which was in the grass/weeds, and had help with our luggage to board the shuttle. It took about 2 minutes. Getting a shuttle after our cruise took 20-30 minutes. Longer than we were told to expect. Overall we were very pleased and liked the price! If I had a new car I might hesitate to park in the weeds and elements, but I like to cruise more than drive new cars. 😊

We used then over Thanksgiving and had no problems. Maybe we just lucked out but when we pulled into the lot at 10:45am there were 2 shuttles ready to take people to the terminal (less than a mile away). Then when we got off the ship the shuttle was right there waiting for us. Very easy and no complaints other than I did have to leave my car in a field.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We had no problem even though it is parking in a field. waited only a few minutes for the van and thought the savings well worth it compared to parking at the port. Would use them again if we leave from Tampa on a cruise.

No offense, but this review is quite exaggerated. I actually parked here during the same time frame (Jan 3-10). We didn't have any problems. You have nothing to worry about. Of course it's a little more inconvenient parking off-site then directly at the port, but that's why they are cheaper! This is definitely a good way to save money if you can be a little more patient and can handle the small inconvenience of taking a shuttle 0.3 miles down the road. The staff was very friendly and worked hard to keep things moving quickly and smoothly. They have plenty of room in the back of the van for luggage and are happy to load/unload it for you. Complaining about "filth" on your vehicle? Just wash it! Really? I would recommend Parktologists and would park there again in the future. I hate wasting money to park at the port -- that money can be used for a whole lot more exciting things while on the cruise. They also have an indoor waiting area, so I'm not sure why this "cold snap" was such a big deal.

• 2 months later...

I will try them too when we cruise in April. I like the reviews and a little dust/etc will not hurt my car, its only transportation and can be washed. I am leaving snowy Indiana with salt on the car and cant wait for the warm weather. As for waiting, most of us are retired and have no place to go in a hurry, so waiting is just fine. I have seen a gas station on Google just down the street, I bet they have cold drinks to pass time and I rather support a family business than Tampa.