Celestyal Internet charges

Ontariotrekker

I'm not sure if the ship offers internet in Cuba. I checked on the Celestyal Cruises mycubacruise website and couldn't find any mention of it or the charges for it. Perhaps someone who has been on this ship in Cuba will see your post and reply. I've read that internet in Cuba is not easily available to private citizens in their homes in Cuba. People usually have to go to internet cafes where they are charged and often have to wait for the use of a computer. I can't confirm any of this, of course. You should probably just call the nuber on the mycubacruise website and ask direct. If you find out anything, be sure to post what you learn.

From the Cuba Cruise website FAQ's:-

"SHIPBOARD SERVICES: INTERNET FACILITIES

All vessels offer internet facilities, the use of which is charged to your shipboard account and is available through wifi in all cabins and numerous Access Points and common areas of the ship."

So there is definitely wifi available on board, but it doesn't say how much. Hopefully no more than the prices Christian posted for us (thanks Christian!).

mlbcruiser, whilst on land you don't need to go to an internet cafe, you can purchase internet access cards from ETECSA phone company and go to a wifi hotspot. Still not easy though, queues are long and the connection is slow!

Internet Charges -

The first time I called the agent wasn't sure about the pricing and did say they might go up as of January.

I called today and got this answer from an agent who verified.

$10 for 1 hour

$26 for 3 hours

$36 for 6 hours

All US funds of course but the hours are not continuous so if I log in then log out my time stops and only starts again when I log back in. This is a nice change from some of the other lines.

Thanks for all of you help. Shar

Internet Charges -

The first time I called the agent wasn't sure about the pricing and did say they might go up as of January.

I called today and got this answer from an agent who verified.

$10 for 1 hour

$26 for 3 hours

$36 for 6 hours

All US funds of course but the hours are not continuous so if I log in then log out my time stops and only starts again when I log back in. This is a nice change from some of the other lines.

Thanks for all of you help. Shar

That's great, pretty cheap compared to others

I'll be travelling with them to Cuba and was wondering if any recent cruiser bought internet and for how much?

Thanks Shar

I just got off the Crystal on Friday.

I paid $18 for 3 hrs. You can purchase, 1 hr, 3 hrs or more. 3 hours was more than enough for us to check emails, stocks, and download the Wall Street Journal everyday.

You can access everywhere on the ship, even in cabins. However look for the Cisco routers on the wall in the public areas for the strongest signal. Eros lounge on the 8th deck has one. Remember to log off when you're done with your session.

I just got off the Crystal on Friday.

I paid $18 for 3 hrs. You can purchase, 1 hr, 3 hrs or more. 3 hours was more than enough for us to check emails, stocks, and download the Wall Street Journal everyday.

You can access everywhere on the ship, even in cabins. However look for the Cisco routers on the wall in the public areas for the strongest signal. Eros lounge on the 8th deck has one. Remember to log off when you're done with your session.

We are going on the Crystal in February and would love it if you did a review of your cruise. It's been difficult finding any information about these cruises to Cuba.