Viking Premium Economy Air Pkg???

Hapytocruise

For an overnight flight from the US it's definitely worth it because it gives you more room to stretch out and sleep. Air France is particularly good in Premium economy because their seats actually turn into lounge chairs for reclining. The food is a step above economy but not near business class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've cruised with Viking on rivers five times, and once on ocean. It's worth the extra minimal cost for long flights plus to have some say on air schedules, i.e. Arrival and departure. Viking will hold fare and cabin for twenty four hours while you call their air department to check flight availability. Of course that's only good around six months or so depending on airline schedules

There's a difference between US airlines and European airlines on this. US airlines have 'Comfort Plus' or 'Economy Plus' which is the same seats as in Coach (and at the front of the Coach section) with more knee room and usually some other amenities like early boarding and free wine -- at a minimal cost increase which makes this a no-brainer for us. European airlines often have a completely separate section of the plane called Premium Economy with wider seats as well as more knee room and even more amenities added -- at a significantly higher cost. The delta between PE and Business makes me look to Business.