People in the HAL ads

mamamzee

Hmmm. What do they look like?

• Tall. Nope - 4'11"
  • Fit/slim. Nope, like most people. I'm a bit rounder than your "average" model.
  • Really classy "cruise casual" clothing, flowy tops and/or pants (female) pressed chinos and button-down shirt (male). Wrong on both counts - tee-shirts and jeans/shorts, at least during the day. Plus the one outfit on the models probably cost more than my whole wardrobe.
  • Hair = blonde and/or greying, but in an expensive classy way. Uh, well, my hair is platinum and dark purple and it does cost plenty to do that. Does that count?:D

Well, I'm tall 5'8", slim, and have one of those required short haircuts women my age

(63) get. Besides that I'm pretty wrinkled and only look half decent after a long stint behind the make-up mirror..............so no.

Don't ever believe those people in HAL ads or any others are anything but models. The advertising is done through agencies submitting candidates, lots of walk through by models, final choices made by company and lots of work behind the scenes you finally get to see. It's not as glamorous as you would imagine but the pay is good, especially if residuals are involved. :D Guess that is why I enjoy trying to adhere to the dress code day and night! ;) At the age of 74 I'm still a little vain!!!:eek:

dyja6eve.jpg

Here is my honey advertising the balcony on the Eurodam... Just a peek at him , lol! He'd be mortified by this post!

Is this photo from you 'private collection' or is it actually published in HAL advertising? ;) :cool:

I am 59 going on 60 just like Christie Brinkley (the model), but good grief, I don't look anything like her.........let's face it, my Hollywood days are over! Christie is a freak of nature, too perfect, like most of the people in the HAL ads. I would guess that only a very small percentage of the world's population looks THAT good!

As an aside, I am glad I don't have that burden of being gorgeous, it would be too much work trying to stay that way IMO.

IMOP I kinda look like the some of the men in the ads, just a little younger. I always try to look neat with casual clothes during the day - khaki slacks and polo with boat shoes and then a jacket for dinner. By the pool, swimwear and t-shirt, sandals.

It is something people can strive. All the luggage restriction really make it difficult for cruisers to pack all the necessary items.

Of all the cruises I've been on, everyone has had a clean appearance with clean clothing. Taking a couple of extra seconds definitely makes a difference when looking in the mirror.

Anyway, just be yourself

My private collection ...but I´d be happy to sell it to HAL for a free cruise!:)

A photo of our dog was actually used in HAL brochure about 7 or so years ago. :D Really, it was!!!!

Edited by sail7seas

It has been reported that one couple, that is seen in some Hal web site on-line videos is actually one of Hals Captain's and his wife. Can't remember the name.

Captain Jonathan Mercer has been in several HAL TV commercials. I've sailed with him so know what he looks like. No wonder HAL chose Capt. Mercer. He's a fine looking gentleman. Can't say I've seen his wife though.