Update of cruise to Holy Land with travel scooter

shoshana lady

Just returned from the Pacific Princess cruise for 12 days to Holy Land.

We rented a travel scooter that was delivered to ship in Venice and picked up at end of cruise in Athens. The ports that we stopped at where, Dubrovinick, Patmos Greece, Ravenna Italy, Kusadasi Thrkey, Haifa Isreal and Cario Egypt. We were able to use the scooter at all ports except Patmos where we were tendered. The ship gave me a wheelchair for this port and I was able to push my husband with no problem. We had no problem in any other port except Egypt. You can barley walk in Cario, let alone use a scooter. The guide was able to drive up very close to the pyamids so my husband did get a look at them, but could not walk up to them and touch them. When he was not able to tour in Egypt - he just stayed in the van for a short time while I looked at sites.

All in all it was a great vacation and one that we are both so hapy we did. The staff of the Pacific Princess went out of their way to help us any time - we can't wait to do this again. Being on a small ship (600 guests) was a great benefit.

Archived