Opportunity to smuggle alcohol

kylesplash

I just got off of the dream sailing, and noticed an easy way to smuggle large quantities of alcohol from the ports. I took my 2L camelbak with me to the islands, and it always had at least 1 liter in it when I got back on the ship. I never once got questioned what was in it, or asked to dump it. I thought it was strange. They make me lift my hat up when walking through the metal detector, but don't question the liquid in my camelbak.

I had cheers so I didn't need to smuggle.

I would never put alcohol in my camelbak.

This boy from Brooklyn sure has no clue

It is a backpack that has a bladder built into it. There is a tube that runs to the front and it has a valve on it that requires you to bite it. Once you bit it, you can drink whatever is in the bladder. It is used for hiking, cycling, walking, and any other activity where you need a bunch of water and don't want to carry it with your hands.

I just got off of the dream sailing, and noticed an easy way to smuggle large quantities of alcohol from the ports. I took my 2L camelbak with me to the islands, and it always had at least 1 liter in it when I got back on the ship. I never once got questioned what was in it, or asked to dump it. I thought it was strange. They make me lift my hat up when walking through the metal detector, but don't question the liquid in my camelbak.

I would never put alcohol in my camelbak.

There are STILL plenty of ways to smuggle alcohol onto a ship at every port, including embarkation. Just don't post the method.

There are STILL plenty of ways to smuggle alcohol onto a ship at every port, including embarkation. Just don't post the method.

For sure, i have a few up my sleeves;).

I just thought they would pay attention to a 2L bladder containing a liquid.

I would never put alcohol in my camelback.

Well they know now.

The other problem with your idea/suggestion is if someone tries and is discovered Carnival will empty it and any money spent would down the drain. Pun intended.

Well they know now.

The other problem with your idea/suggestion is if someone tries and is discovered Carnival will empty it and any money spent would down the drain. Pun intended.

I would think they would be able to spot fake shampoo and sun screen by now....

When someone smuggles alcohol that is always the risk. If they find it, they discard it, you do not get it back.

If I were to smuggle, I would not smuggle expensive alcohol.

What's a camel back?

It is a backpack that has a bladder built into it. There is a tube that runs to the front and it has a valve on it that requires you to bite it. Once you bit it, you can drink whatever is in the bladder. It is used for hiking, cycling, walking, and any other activity where you need a bunch of water and don't want to carry it with your hands.

In the bottom row of your 12pk of soda

I don't know if this would always work. I brought 16 cans of soda in a small cooler, and they did actually take each can out at the terminal (Charleston) to make sure they were cans of soda and not beer.