Luggage storage St Thomas

agfald

Our SDII cruise final destination will be ST Thomas.

We would like some ideas about what to do or go before our 4:00 flight.

Shopping is not an option.

Also, where could we leave our luggage ??

Thanks for the help.

Our SDII cruise final destination will be ST Thomas.

We would like some ideas about what to do or go before our 4:00 flight.

Shopping is not an option.

Also, where could we leave our luggage ??

Thanks for the help.

You could take a taxi over to Marriott's Morningstar (which is connected to Marriott's Frenchman's Reef). Head to Coco Joe's, which is a beach bar, for one last cheeseburger in paradise. You may be able to leave your luggage in storage at the front desk of the Morningstar.

Luggage storage in St. Thomas is problametic at best. One thing to remember about St. Thomas, more than any other place we have ever flown out of is that you have to be there early. Jim Avery will agree with me (at least I hope he does) that for a 4:00 p.m. flight it is not unreasonable to get to the airport no later than 1:00.

If I recall there is a hotel right near the airport where you might be able to get a day room, but I'm not sure that it is worth the effort.

Luggage storage in St. Thomas is problametic at best. One thing to remember about St. Thomas, more than any other place we have ever flown out of is that you have to be there early. Jim Avery will agree with me (at least I hope he does) that for a 4:00 p.m. flight it is not unreasonable to get to the airport no later than 1:00.

If I recall there is a hotel right near the airport where you might be able to get a day room, but I'm not sure that it is worth the effort.

Exactly right. Another reason we avoid flying out of STT. Wehave rented a day room at the Holiday Inn. Not great but better than shopping.

You might also think about asking SD to keep the bags. Depending on whether you are docked at Crown Bay or Havensight, the area is fairly secure and you may be able to leave luggage on the pier -- we did that in Havensight a couple of times. Not a lot at Crown Bay, but if you are in Havensight, you could take the tram up to the top of Paradise Point (or whatever it's called) -- could also take a taxi to Coral World, which is a fun place to visit if you like aquariums and lorakeets :)

Vandrefalk

One thing to remember about St. Thomas, more than any other place we have ever flown out of is that you have to be there early. Jim Avery will agree with me (at least I hope he does) that for a 4:00 p.m. flight it is not unreasonable to get to the airport no later than 1:00.

Just for the record: We had a 1pm flight out of STT and got to the airport around 10am and there was absolutely and literally no one at the line. It was completly empty and we could walk right through.

I asked the TSA folks and they said that it is busy in the morning and also later in the day.

Archived