Does Amber Cove have a beach?

Lyn1Lyn

There's a beach without direct access, you have to take a ladder into the water. Or you can take excursions that go to hotels and places with private beaches that have direct water access but be warned all of the excursions beyond the direct pier are time shares and you will be approached by salesmen trying to get you to sign up. Only place on the island you won't be approached is at the port where the waterslide, pool, cabana and shops are.

We went to an all inclusive to the left side of the port. It was a nice beach...food was mediocre. No one sold us anything there.

Which one did you do? Everyone I've checked has reviews saying they were approached by time share agents. I don't want to pay $300-$400 for an excursion to be hit up by someone trying to sell me a time share. I just want to chillax lol

We went on the "Mega Truck & Beach Break with Lunch" Carnival excursion. You'll find it listed on the Amber Cove Excursions page. It's $69.99 for adults, and $59.99 for children. The beach is a bit steep, but manageable. It was an enjoyable excursion. This includes free beverages, and the lunch was very good. There are lifeguards on duty at the beach.

Edited by beachbum53

We went on the "Mega Truck & Beach Break with Lunch" Carnival excursion. You'll find it listed on the Amber Cove Excursions page. It's $69.99 for adults, and $59.99 for children. The beach is a bit steep, but manageable. It was an enjoyable excursion. This includes free beverages, and the lunch was very good. There are lifeguards on duty at the beach.

Free lunch? Price is not bad with the free beverage.

There's a beach without direct access, you have to take a ladder into the water. Or you can take excursions that go to hotels and places with private beaches that have direct water access but be warned all of the excursions beyond the direct pier are time shares and you will be approached by salesmen trying to get you to sign up. Only place on the island you won't be approached is at the port where the waterslide, pool, cabana and shops are.

We did the beach break excursion by Carnival and were not approached by any time share people? The beach was nice but the water was rough (don't know if it is always like that). The ride was 45 min each way in an open air vehicle on dirt roads. I had been to Amber Cove before and stuck to the port area, but we ventured out to the beach this time. I think I will choose to stick around the port area next time. The excursion was not worth it, IMO