Transportation from FFL to Port of Miami + back.

CRocks

Flying into FFL, staying at Holiday Inn Port of Miami + sailing out next day. Was gonna use Carnival transfer, but just saw it needs used on sail date only. What other choices do I have from FFL to Port of Miami + back to FFL? THANX

You have options:

• SAS (www.ridesas.com), QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) and others can shuttle you to POM for about $15 per person and they offer discounts for groups, families and children - they can also shuttle you back to FLL after your cruise. The ride takes about 40 minutes or so.
  • Rent a car - National, Alamo, & Thrifty offer free shuttles from the MIA airport car rental center to POM. Hertz offers free POM shuttles from their downtown Maimi location
  • A taxi will run about $85
  • Larry's Limos has been suggested for Miami service - about the same as a cab, but a much nicer ride.

You could cancel your HI-POM reservations and stay near FLL and then head to POM the day of your cruise; hotels near FLL tend to be a little cheaper than comparable places in downtown Miami. Good luck! :)

I have used SAS for 6 of my 8 cruises out of Miami and was never disappointed! I always fly into FLL a day before because of cheaper airfare, stay overnight in Ft. Lauderdale, and SAS picks me up at the hotel to take me to the Port of Miami. They then pick me up in Miami post-cruise for my transfer back to FLL. Last time the cost was $11 per person. It may be a little higher now, though.

How does it work with booking SAS and your choice of what time you want to be picked up at your hotel to leave for the port? In other words, if you want to get to the port of Miami early, say around 11am, will they accomodate an early requested pick-up time?

Thanks.

How does it work with booking SAS and your choice of what time you want to be picked up at your hotel to leave for the port? In other words, if you want to get to the port of Miami early, say around 11am, will they accomodate an early requested pick-up time?

Thanks.

Because they are busy transporting customers from POM back to FLL in the early morning SAS usually does not start pick-ups going to POM until 10:30 or 11:00. QLS and some of the others will - for a slightly higher price - get you to POM earlier. Good luck! :)

Because they are busy transporting customers from POM back to FLL in the early morning SAS usually does not start pick-ups going to POM until 10:30 or 11:00. QLS and some of the others will - for a slightly higher price - get you to POM earlier. Good luck! :)

Thank you.

Keep in mind that if you get to POM early, you will likely be waiting in a holding area before you can board the ship anyway. (Happened to us a couple times). We just got back from the NCL Dawn, flew into FLL and used SAS again. They picked us up from the Sleep Inn at 11:00, we made one stop to pick up other passengers and we were at POM before noon. Had to wait in a bit of a line, but then got right on the ship. The return was very smooth, cleared customs, called SAS and waited maybe 5 minutes before they pulled up. I've used SAS 5 or 6 times and have always been impressed with them.

Will they pick you up in FLL and drive you to your hotel in downtown Miami ?Or does it have to take you to POM? We have never flown into FLL but with all the family that's the only way we could get a nonstop flight. Just trying to figure out how to get 6 of us (one with a scooter)from FLL to our hotel downtown cheaply. Thanks

Flying into FFL, staying at Holiday Inn Port of Miami + sailing out next day. Was gonna use Carnival transfer, but just saw it needs used on sail date only. What other choices do I have from FFL to Port of Miami + back to FFL? THANX

We're in a similar situation in June. We're flying into FLL and staying at the IC-Downtown then on to the POm in the morning. We booked Go Airport Shuttle for the trip from FLL-IC. I'm not sure how many you have but there are four of us so we just booked a private car which is quite comparable to the shuttle price for four people.

Otherwise the three shuttle services JohninDC provided above all seem to be comparable in price and appear popular on the boards.

In the AM we'll just take a cab to the POM.

Will they pick you up in FLL and drive you to your hotel in downtown Miami ?Or does it have to take you to POM? We have never flown into FLL but with all the family that's the only way we could get a nonstop flight. Just trying to figure out how to get 6 of us (one with a scooter)from FLL to our hotel downtown cheaply. Thanks

With six people (and a scooter) you might want to inquire about a private SUV. After poking around Go Airport Shuttle seems pretty reasonable on their car rates.

When I contacted QLS on March 30 they provided me a quote of $85+gratuity for a private SUV for four people.

They will take you to downtown Miami hotels that are close to POM -- you will need to cab to POM from your hotel the next morning. I would note your scooter transport issue on your reservation form.

Have you thought about staying near FLL for the night and the using one of the shuttle services the next day to head straight to POM? :confused:

Good luck! :)

We are flying into FLL and are doing a 24 hr car rental thru Budget. We will drop off the car at their 2nd street office and take a cab the 1.7 miles to port of Miami.

I used Budgets BCD code Y937800 and got a great rate!!!

We are flying into FLL and are doing a 24 hr car rental thru Budget. We will drop off the car at their 2nd street office and take a cab the 1.7 miles to port of Miami.

I used Budgets BCD code Y937800 and got a great rate!!!

Thank you Eeyoregon !!! :)

We will be flying into FLL for our cruise out of POM next April. We are booked at a FLL hotel with airport shuttle but are faced with needing transport to POM the next morning. There will possibly be 5 of us, so I will check out Budget's rates using the code that you provided and see how that compares to the popular shuttles services.

Thanks again.

Just trying to figure out how to get 6 of us (one with a scooter)from FLL to our hotel downtown cheaply. Thanks

GoShuttle from FLL has vans that can accommodate a scooter. I honestly don't know if SAS does or not.

For your trip from Downtown to POM, The Miami Dade Taxi Fleet has about 80 vans that can accommodate a scooter. Super Yellow has the most of them (305)888-7777 I would call them about an hour or so before you want to leave to make sure one of them is available. I have a feeling the van with the ramp can only accommodate 4 people, but I have only seen the things, I never have ridden in one.

GoShuttle from FLL has vans that can accommodate a scooter. I honestly don't know if SAS does or not.

For your trip from Downtown to POM, The Miami Dade Taxi Fleet has about 80 vans that can accommodate a scooter. Super Yellow has the most of them (305)888-7777 I would call them about an hour or so before you want to leave to make sure one of them is available. I have a feeling the van with the ramp can only accommodate 4 people, but I have only seen the things, I never have ridden in one.

Yogi - great info!

OP,

From downtown to POM is only a $10-12 cab ride -- it should not break the bank if you need 2 cabs. Good luck! :)

Thank you Eeyoregon !!! :)

We will be flying into FLL for our cruise out of POM next April. We are booked at a FLL hotel with airport shuttle but are faced with needing transport to POM the next morning. There will possibly be 5 of us, so I will check out Budget's rates using the code that you provided and see how that compares to the popular shuttles services.

Thanks again.

We have 6 in our group and by the time we did SAS at $13-15 a person + tips, renting a car (van) came out cheaper. PLUS we will have the flexibility to go out to eat and sight see but most importantly, hit a liquor store to purchase our wine, champagne and soda to take on board with us :D.

It will be interesting getting 6 adults and all of the luggage in a minivan BUT we will only have to make it work on the way to the port since my group is coming in on different flights. I imagine every square inch of floor boards and our laps will be utilized :p!

The day of the cruise, I will drop the other 5 people and the luggage at the port and then run the van to the Budget office and cab it back. We plan on doing the same in reverse order after the cruise since we can't fly home until the day after the cruise returns.

What time would you expect to be at FLL post cruise using the above options (shuttle services)? I am trying to figure out what time to arrange for a flight home.

It is a 40 or so minute drive from POM to FLL - assuming you are off the ship with your bags and clear of customs and immigration by about 9:00 that puts you at FLL by 9:45-10:00. I would look for flights after 11:30 (and be more comfortable with flights leaving after noon!) :)

Do you reserve with the shuttle service ahead of time to get from POM to FLL in the morning? Thanks!

Yes just pick which transportation company you want to go with-contact them to set it up- they usually charge your credit card a few days before your scehduled time.

Happy Sailing

We used SAS with just a few days notice and had a great experience. :)Steve responded quickly and was very flexible with us.

We scheduled a pick-up at FLL at 10AM to the Miami Port and the driver was young and acted like a tour guide pointing out different points of interest on the highway along the way - including full size billboards on the side of a carpet store that had the owner in a speedo as a young man and again ~30 years later (same pose) Lol!

On our return to Miami Port, we called SAS from breakfast on the Lido to confirm the pickup and the driver was there within 5 minutes of our clearing customs. There was a couple waiting for another shuttle service, the woman was crying and the man was yelling that they had been waiting for over an hour. Unfortunately, they were going to Miami so SAS couldn't take them. :(

Highly recommend SAS. Paid $15/pp + tip cash both ways. A+ service. (954) 600-0240 -- www period ridesas period com ;)

Thanks, I used the Budget code and found a car for 40.00 for the day. Perfect since we are flying into FLL and cruising out of Miami the next day.

Glad it worked out for you :)!! Our group just grew by 2 more so I booked two of the $40 Intermediate cars for the 8 of us and I used upgrade code UUWZ027 (Budget emailed me this code when they noticed I didn't "complete" one of my mock bookings, lol) so we should get Full-size when we pick up.

Archived