Restaurants near Ft. Lauderdale Embassy Suites?

elycelynne

I'm looking for someplace for dinner -- Just for myself. I know that there's an Outback Steakhouse not too far away, but I can go to one in the Chicago area if I really want to. What I'm looking for is something that I can't find in Chicago, but I don't want to spend a whole lot of money (under $30 would be ideal).

I noticed there's a Duffy's right in that area. Are they any good? (I'm aware that they're basically a sports bar type of establishment.) Anything right in the Harbor Shoppes? I've already been to the diner -- Was it John's? Uncle John's? It was okay, but just a diner.

I've been to Bravo's a couple of times, but that's when I was staying at the Renaissance, and I think I'm over Bravo's anyway.

So what would be some suggestions for: Not a national chain, not super expensive and close by? (By the way, decent food would also be a good thing!)

If you are up for pizza try Dough Boys at 829 17th St., but I would recommend the Southport Raw Bar and sit in the Patio Seating area, it less than a 5 minute walk from ES.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Unfortunately, I'm already familiar with Dough Boys pizza. Two years ago I stayed at the Hyatt Place on 10th and was too tired that evening to go anywhere, so the front desk recommended Dough Boys for delivery.

I can honestly say that it was the WORST pizza I've ever had. :eek:

Any other suggestions?

If you are up for pizza try Dough Boys at 829 17th St., but I would recommend the Southport Raw Bar and sit in the Patio Seating area, it less than a 5 minute walk from ES.

I second the suggestion of the Southport Raw Bar. It's a 5 minute walk from Embassy Suites, good seafood with a laid back atmosphere. It's a popular locals hangout. If you can, sit out back on the deck over looking the waterway and marina.

Other nearby restaurants:

Waxy Oconnor's

Duffy's (as you know about)

Outback (as you know about)

Lauderdale Grill in the shops behind the Embassy Suites

Bimini Boatyard (down by the Renaisance on 17th St.)

15th Street Fisheries (go past Southport and turn right then go to the end of the street)

Lot's of other choices but too many to list!

There is a wonderful Thai restaurant in The Harbour Shops which

is located within a 2 minute walk of the hotel. It is called Coco's.

I ate there a couple of years ago and it was DELICIOUS:D a bit pricey

but in my opinion, worth every penney.

I always travel on my own and to be honest with you, nobody cares

one way or the other about it. There are some awesome restaurants

on Las Olas Blvd as well. La Bonne Crepe is great...been there many

times:)....and if you want to really splurge? Try Johnny V's....it is

pricey but the food is outstanding:D

Southport raw bar, Kelly's Landing for seafood.

Outback for steak. Not fancy but reliable.

Five guys burgers in the harbor shops.

These are all walkable in two blocks or so.

15 th street fisheries if you want to spend money but we did not think it was all that great.

Take a cab to coconuts - great food and setting.

We will go back for seafood in November.

There is a Carrabbas Italian Grill very close to there. Casual Italian restaurant; we had dinner there last December and it was good.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi,:) I think the OP does not want "a chain". I think Carrabbas is good

too but it is definitely a chain restaurant.

To the OP, there is a Mexican Restuarant near the hotel too.

Carlos and Pepes has been in Ft. Lauderdale for at least 25 years.

(If not longer).

I have eaten there quite a few times and enjoyed all my meals. It

is not a chain, reasonably priced, good food too:D

To the OP, there is a Mexican Restuarant near the hotel too.

Carlos and Pepes has been in Ft. Lauderdale for at least 25 years.

(If not longer).

I have eaten there quite a few times and enjoyed all my meals. It

is not a chain, reasonably priced, good food too:D

Yes! I can't beleive I forgot to put that on my list in an earlier post. Carlos and Pepe's is pretty much next door to the Embassy Suites.

The only two I would recommend (besides Carlos and Pepe's for Mexican) would be Coconuts, which you'd need a cab for, or Gilbert's 17th Street Grille which is in the Harbor Shops. Gilberts has excellent burgers, fries, and Key Lime Pie. I try to hit it each time I'm in town. Other than that...I found others mentioned to be just average. Have fun!

WE had our get - to - gether from our thread at OUTBACK. We were in a Monsoon, that Saturday and even though the restuarant was within walking disatance one of our cruise family members picked us up.

It was traditional dining, and we even brought a $8 dollar off coupon from home.

Enjoyed our non rushed meal, with friends.

Enjoy

Safe travels.

WE had our get - to - gether from our thread at OUTBACK. We were in a Monsoon, that Saturday and even though the restuarant was within walking disatance one of our cruise family members picked us up.

It was traditional dining, and we even brought a $8 dollar off coupon from home.

Enjoyed our non rushed meal, with friends.

Enjoy

Safe travels.

Hi Sue,:) the OP stated she didn't want to go to Outback.....and

she is not dining with friends, but solo.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves though. Outback has never been

high on my list.

I'm looking for someplace for dinner -- Just for myself. I know that there's an Outback Steakhouse not too far away, but I can go to one in the Chicago area if I really want to. What I'm looking for is something that I can't find in Chicago, but I don't want to spend a whole lot of money (under $30 would be ideal).

I noticed there's a Duffy's right in that area. Are they any good? (I'm aware that they're basically a sports bar type of establishment.) Anything right in the Harbor Shoppes? I've already been to the diner -- Was it John's? Uncle John's? It was okay, but just a diner.

I've been to Bravo's a couple of times, but that's when I was staying at the Renaissance, and I think I'm over Bravo's anyway.

So what would be some suggestions for: Not a national chain, not super expensive and close by? (By the way, decent food would also be a good thing!)

Bimini Boatyard is very good but a little pricey.

Chuck's Steakhouse directly across the street from the Embassy Suites is an excellent steakhouse. They have a really fresh salad bar and great bread to accompany the main course. It really was delicious.

There is a Shula Burger and Pei Wei within close walking distance also.

You could also hop on the Water Taxi and get off at the Las Olas stop. Walk straight up the street to Las Olas and you will see Mangoes on the corner on the right hand side of the street. It is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I wondered if Chuck's Steakhouse was any good. I remember passing by it a few years ago when I was walking down 17th St.

I actually wouldn't mind a chain if it was a chain that I couldn't find back in Chicago (like Outback), so Carrabas might be a possibility. I've been to Bravo a couple times (which I believe is a Florida chain), but I'm kind of over them now.

I did the water taxi last year and got off at Las Olas, and it's pretty hard to miss Mangos since it's practically the first thing you hit when you get there.

Again, thanks for all the info!

The only two I would recommend (besides Carlos and Pepe's for Mexican) would be Coconuts, which you'd need a cab for, or Gilbert's 17th Street Grille which is in the Harbor Shops. Gilberts has excellent burgers, fries, and Key Lime Pie. I try to hit it each time I'm in town. Other than that...I found others mentioned to be just average. Have fun!

Wold love to hear more about your experience at Coconuts?? It just popped up as a popular restaurant on Tripadvisor...

I ate at Bimini back in April with a group from the roll call on that particular cruise. Everyone has different opinions (Especially about food).

I was not impressed with this place..overpriced and the service? The

wait staff was so disorganized and I just felt it was not worth the

money. There are so many other places I would choose before eating

here again.

Personally, I like Bimini Boatyard however everyone has their own opinion and all are valid.

Not near you but you could take the water taxi, had lunch today at Rocco's Tacos on Las Olas and it was insanely good. Probably the best Mexican I've ever had in a really cool and beautiful environment.

When we stayed at the FL Embassy Suites, we ate at the Italian restaurant next to the Outback and LOVED it! It was just a short walk accross the parking lot. It was the perfect cap to the perfect night we had! We saw a show we'd been dying to see at the Parker Playhouse and the cab driver dropped us off at this restaurant on the way back. We just walked back to the hotel. All this the night before our cruise. It was magic!:D

When we stayed at the FL Embassy Suites, we ate at the Italian restaurant next to the Outback and LOVED it! It was just a short walk accross the parking lot. It was the perfect cap to the perfect night we had! We saw a show we'd been dying to see at the Parker Playhouse and the cab driver dropped us off at this restaurant on the way back. We just walked back to the hotel. All this the night before our cruise. It was magic!:D

Hi, that must be new....the only restaurant I ever remember being

next to Outback was a Mexican Place.

Archived