QV BF Cabins 4 deck: theatre noise?

rsquare

I'm tentatively in a BF cabin on Queen Victoria's 4 deck for a forthcoming cruise. These are forward cabins, and mine is over the theatre. I'm wondering, from those who have had such cabins, whether there is noise leakage from the theatre, either at night or even during daytime rehearsals.

Agree with kir. I had 4003 and didn't notice any more noise there apart from some ports where the anchor was dropped and from the bow thrusters. Friends were in 4002 and the balcony there isn't as big as the bow starts to curve but it is still a good size - same with 4001.

Hi Bob,

We had 4005 in August and had no noise issues from the theatre.

Some noise when docking and again when leaving port.

This didn't bother us at all.

The balconies are much bigger too.

Thanks, Kir and Jon. I'm in 4041, not actually over the theatre, but perhaps over the entrance (just a bit forward of the A elevator) so that news is reassuring.

I noticed on the plan that the BF balconies on 4 seem wider than the BF balconies on 8, but they always tell you that the plans aren't necessarily to scale, so I didn't know what to make of that. If in fact they are, then I suppose they are overlooked by balconies on higher decks, which would need to be taken into account when I work on my tan.

Edited by rsquare

Thanks, Kir and Jon. I'm in 4041, not actually over the theatre, but perhaps over the entrance (just a bit forward of the A elevator) so that news is reassuring.

I noticed on the plan that the BF balconies on 4 seem wider than the BF balconies on 8, but they always tell you that the plans aren't necessarily to scale, so I didn't know what to make of that. If in fact they are, then I suppose they are overlooked by balconies on higher decks, which would need to be taken into account when I work on my tan.

I had 4050 for the World Voyage this year and it was great. Yes, the balconies on deck 4 are bigger, and yes, you do need to be careful out on it. I did have a few things land on my balcony from the upper decks. :eek:

Have a great trip.

Don

• 1 month later...

This is very informative as we are considering Cabin 4040 (possibly 4046 for an upcoming QE voyage).

Just wondering if anyone in these cabin locations has heard any excessive noise from the Promenade Deck below.

Regarding cabin 4046 -- any noise from the lifts since it is located right behind them?

Also, if anyone has a picture from the inside of the cabins so we could see how it looks with the metal balcony panels instead of the glass panels, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks very much

This is very informative as we are considering Cabin 4040 (possibly 4046 for an upcoming QE voyage).

Just wondering if anyone in these cabin locations has heard any excessive noise from the Promenade Deck below.

Regarding cabin 4046 -- any noise from the lifts since it is located right behind them?

Also, if anyone has a picture from the inside of the cabins so we could see how it looks with the metal balcony panels instead of the glass panels, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks very much

I haven't stayed in one but the following are photos of them posted on this forum in the past:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91059&d=1221623813

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25187081&postcount=3

Edited by Ray66

Reply for 2 guys: We stayed in a QV balcony room with the metal balcony panels a few years ago. We actually liked the fact that the metal panels provided privacy, while we could still benefit from having a balcony by standing to see whatever we wanted to see.

Thanks very much