VA7140 on Noordam

twentyknots

Has anyone been in a VA balcony cabin on the Noordam at the very back of the ship? We have been in balcony cabins many times, but never in this location. The verandah looks larger at this location. I wonder if 2 lounge chairs would fit. Specific SY cabins are not available at this time, so we want to book something that would be acceptable if no SY becomes available later. We could also book VF5128 now, but for $500 more the VA looks worth the upcharge.

The Noordam deck plan I'm looking at shows 7145 as a SB category, not VA.

SB 7145 Verandah Photos

sm_ytbcruizer_houses-010.jpg--sm_ytbcruizer_houses-011.jpg

[

sm_ytbcruizer_houses-009.jpg

[

Aft corner with wrap around balcony. Photos 2010

Cruise Critic Member: ytbcruizer

Your original Post did ask about VA 7140 so I can understand the responses to the VA Aft Staterooms:) I think dchip meant to the photos are of one of the VA stateroom numbers such as VA 7136, 7138, 7139, 7141 or 7143.

If you wish to see more of SB 7145 they can be seen here, they are the last photos on the page: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/Deck-7.html

Joanie

We had Noordam VB4178 which looks on the deck plans to have about the same size balcony as VA7140. The balcony was 10.5 ft deep on the port side and 11.5 ft toward the ship centerline. We had one lounger, 2 chairs, footstool, and the 12" round table. A second lounger might have been squeezed in, but it would have been very tight unless at least one chair and the footstool were removed.

I am looking at a pic posted by Mamaofami in 2009 in response to someone's question about VA vs SS stern. The photo appears to have been taken from the railing on Navigation deck and looks down to the other decks below. I can't be sure of exactly what I'm looking at. Is there a way to link this pic into this thread? I have some questions and it sure would be helpful if I could refer to the picture.

dchip put this part in the header of the post... Just above the text and pic.

"VA 7145 Oosterdam...."

Sorry, I wasn't referring to dchip's photo; I was referring to the one attached by mamaofami in 2009. I wish I could link to it but don't know how. Does each post have a unique ID?

Sorry, I wasn't referring to dchip's photo; I was referring to the one attached by mamaofami in 2009. I wish I could link to it but don't know how. Does each post have a unique ID?

Yes but it's easier to just copy the link to the thread in your browser's address bar (while viewing the thread) and paste it into a post here. it will be "parsed" into a link automatically.

I can post the pic in this thread once you link to the thread, so I can find it.

Yes but it's easier to just copy the link to the thread in your browser's address bar (while viewing the thread) and paste it into a post here. it will be "parsed" into a link automatically.

I can post the pic in this thread once you link to the thread, so I can find it.

Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1010579&highlight=va+cabins+at+stern+of+noordam

Can anyone tell me what decks this is showing? I'm assuming it's decks 4, 5, and 6 taken from deck 7. Why does one of the verandahs have a white panel rather than plexiglass?

Not sure about the decks shown but what you say makes sense.

I think the "white" you are seeing is the horizontal surface of the edge of the deck outside (at the bottom) of the plexy railing.

we were in VA7145 on the Oosterdam but if you look at the Noordam's deck plan it is the same location as VA7136...which should be the same as your VA7140.

Whatever, you will have room for two lounges. It is a fabulous location.

We were in Manzanillo on DH's birthday and spent most of the afternoon on the verandah watching the whales playing. It doesn't get any better than this!

Cheers, Denise

Maxout, your pics gave me another perspective on the different decks. I can see all 4 decks in your pic, not just 3 in the earlier pic from 2009. I think the sunbather pictured is on deck 6 since the 2 VA cabins are clearly shown and SB's on either side.

To sorta close this post, we have changed from 7140 to 6132. From what I can tell in the pic that Maxout sent, 6132 is the cabin next to the suite with the sunbather. Compared to 7140, 6132 is more in the middle and a little longer. We've never had a cabin at the stern, but have spent some time lounging on other ships at that location and enjoyed it very much. My wife still wants a SY as long as it is not all the way up front, so I will keep looking.

To sorta close this post, we have changed from 7140 to 6132. From what I can tell in the pic that Maxout sent, 6132 is the cabin next to the suite with the sunbather. Compared to 7140, 6132 is more in the middle and a little longer. We've never had a cabin at the stern, but have spent some time lounging on other ships at that location and enjoyed it very much. My wife still wants a SY as long as it is not all the way up front, so I will keep looking.

Uh, twentyknots, I think you need to look at the deck plans again. VB 6132 is on This cabin is on the Port side, just aft of the aft elevator, not the aft. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/No-deck-6.jpg The staterooms at the very aft are: VA 6132, SC 6164, SC 6166, SC 6177, VA 6173 and SC 6175.

Here is a link to HAL's Deck Plans so you can see their Official Deck Plans that also show what I am saying: http://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/fleet/next/no_uv.pdf

Joanie

Uh, twentyknots, I think you need to look at the deck plans again. VB 6132 is on This cabin is on the Port side, just aft of the aft elevator, not the aft. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/No-deck-6.jpg The staterooms at the very aft are: VA 6132, SC 6164, SC 6166, SC 6177, VA 6173 and SC 6175.

Here is a link to HAL's Deck Plans so you can see their Official Deck Plans that also show what I am saying: http://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/fleet/next/no_uv.pdf

Joanie

You are right. I meant VA 6162. Didn't you mean VA 6162, not VA 6132 in your list of very aft cabins?

You are right. I meant VA 6162. Didn't you mean VA 6162, not VA 6132 in your list of very aft cabins?

You are correct. That was a typo:o But, you caught it, thankfully:)

Good to see that you got VA 6162 and not 6132 accidentally:)

Joanie

Archived