Breakfast Rituals...

block

I have never ordered room service on the cruise...I like to get out of my cabin asap !!! I usually troll the buffett for some breakfast..If I'm up early I like to goto the MDR....This trip I would like to order roo service and get eating breakfast out of the way...

What is everyone else's breakfast routine ?? What is your favorite thing to do ??? And eat ??

I can only tell you about my own breakfast, ( I prefer to call it a routine rather than ritual, since it changes from day to day on a cruise ), but normally Im not a breakfast person at home, since up too early to eat, but while Im on vacation, and usually much more relaxed, I tend to eat a light breakfast, and stick to my usual early rise.

I cruise Carnival mostly, and their room service breakfast is continental only, consists of white/whole wheat toast, muffins, croissants, bagels, jams, cream cheese, ( and lox ), fruit, cereals but no eggs, bacon or hot breakfast items. That is ok with me, since I never eat eggs/bacon etc for breakfast at home. Room service for me is usually croissant, or muffin. Fruit, and coffee of course. I especially like room service breakfast on early arrival in port days. Saves a trip up to the buffet.

Other days, if I havent ordered room svc, or get up later than usual, I do go up to the buffet, and do same light breakfast, and once or maybe twice in a 7 day cruise, I will try french toast/sausage, or bacon etc. Sorry this only from a Carnival/and personal slant. Been too long since I was on NCL or Celebrity. Many folks do say that the MDR is much better for breakfast, no matter what you eat.:)

We usually call room service when we wake up. Coffee and danish or fruit while we get dressed. Then to the MDR for breakfast.

Occasionally we will use the door hanger. But we prefer not to have a preset time.....might be up early...might sleep in. Hey, it's a cruise:D

Charlie

Sometimes, we'll call room service for coffee/hot tea. But eating in a cabin without a dining table isn't much fun, IMO! So, we head to the dining room, where they actually SERVE YOU! Not a fan of the buffet!!! I don't like standing around, looking for syrup or butter, etc...while my plate of food gets cold! I like having all of the condiments on the table!

Sometimes, we'll call room service for coffee/hot tea. But eating in a cabin without a dining table isn't much fun, IMO! So, we head to the dining room, where they actually SERVE YOU! Not a fan of the buffet!!! I don't like standing around, looking for syrup or butter, etc...while my plate of food gets cold! I like having all of the condiments on the table!
Amen. And add to that some sanitation concerns about our fellow passengers. Most are very respective of not touching food, washing hands after the restroom (and then handling the serving spoons in the buffet), etc. It only takes one to pass on a problem.

Charlie

Amen. And add to that some sanitation concerns about our fellow passengers. Most are very respective of not touching food, washing hands after the restroom (and then handling the serving spoons in the buffet), etc. It only takes one to pass on a problem.

Charlie

Thats why I have never ordered room service...

Maybe my goal will be to get up early enough to goto the MDR...

I also have a DD4..so she's my alarm clock..she tends to sleep in late on vacation...drives me crazy...

Thats why I have never ordered room service...

Maybe my goal will be to get up early enough to goto the MDR...

I also have a DD4..so she's my alarm clock..she tends to sleep in late on vacation...drives me crazy...

Maybe I misunderstand. You don't order room service because of a sanitation concern? The food comes covered and sealed, delivered by restaurant staff.

And you don't have to set a time for your delivery. We call in the morning when we wake up. Ours is usually just coffee and danish and/or fruit. Generally the delivery gets to us in under 15 minutes.

Charlie

Maybe I misunderstand. You don't order room service because of a sanitation concern? The food comes covered and sealed, delivered by restaurant staff.

And you don't have to set a time for your delivery. We call in the morning when we wake up. Ours is usually just coffee and danish and/or fruit. Generally the delivery gets to us in under 15 minutes.

Charlie

Not a fan of the buffet!!! I don't like standing around, looking for syrup or butter, etc...while my plate of food gets cold! I like having all of the condiments on the table!

Nope, Sorry the above is the reason I don't like the buffet...and as far as room service goes..never tried it. My mistake ment to say buffet.

I get up early and enjoy my coffee (last 2 cruises *$'s Via) eithe ron th ebalcony or on the Lido deck, before everyone is hustling about. DW will get up a bit later and sometimes order fruit from room service but then head for the specialty coffee bar for her flavored fix. We'll eat outside most days from the buffet (you can avoid the long waits by getting fruit and cereal or finding the third buffet line ). If I tell her it's too windy, we'll go to the MDR.

Not a fan of the buffet!!! I don't like standing around, looking for syrup or butter, etc...while my plate of food gets cold! I like having all of the condiments on the table!

cb you slay me. You continue to post this misleading information and it simply is not true. First of all, there are strolling waiters who will BRING you your syrup IF you didn't happen to take the 12 seconds to find it on your way to the table. You can find it before you get your hot food - put the surup packets in your pocket, no big deal. After the first day, you know where it is kept. Goodness. :rolleyes:

We sail RCCL and have our breakfast on our balcony most mornings. Eggs, bacon, and various pastries with fruit. We love watching the ship pull into port or the early morning hours at sea. Nothing like it :)

We usually call room service when we wake up. Coffee and danish or fruit while we get dressed. Then to the MDR for breakfast.

Occasionally we will use the door hanger. But we prefer not to have a preset time.....might be up early...might sleep in. Hey, it's a cruise:D

Charlie

That is exactly what I prefer to do. I feel that meals are something to be enjoyed, not something you need to "get out of the way."

If we have an early excursion we will order yogurt, pastries, etc. and a few boxes of cereal to take off the ship for snacking.

I have never ordered room service on the cruise...I like to get out of my cabin asap !!! I usually troll the buffett for some breakfast..If I'm up early I like to goto the MDR....This trip I would like to order roo service and get eating breakfast out of the way...

What is everyone else's breakfast routine ?? What is your favorite thing to do ??? And eat ??

Get up early, have coffee, work out in gym, then yogurt and fruit.

We will go to the MDR once per cruise as I like the eggs benedict and other days we will get the buffet and sit out by the pool. The DW will have an omelet and I'll get a big breakfast (too much).

We normally eat lite for breakfast when not on a cruise.:(

We like to order ( at least once ) on Princess, the ultimate balcony breakfast. :D There is nothing like it. The first time we received the order, we thought the waiter was bringing for at least 2 cabins, but no...it was all for us! :eek: That was one day where dh and I went right back to bed after eating. YUMMY!:D

Block, you seem to start trouble everywhere. I love it. :p

We dont usually eat breakfast since we work so we pig out for breakfast on the ship. We go to the Bacon Police who only give you two pieces and say to them, "this is our bacon plate". and they fill it up. We love windjammer breakfast but always have hand sanitizer with us. My biggest fear is being stuck in my room with a virus.

ps. my mom and I were just discussing the whole Indian food options in the MDR. I dont get it either.

• 2 weeks later...
Block, you seem to start trouble everywhere. I love it. :p

We dont usually eat breakfast since we work so we pig out for breakfast on the ship. We go to the Bacon Police who only give you two pieces and say to them, "this is our bacon plate". and they fill it up. We love windjammer breakfast but always have hand sanitizer with us. My biggest fear is being stuck in my room with a virus.

ps. my mom and I were just discussing the whole Indian food options in the MDR. I dont get it either.

OMG Right ??? I really don't see other nations represented ?? Just Indian..maybe Mexican... I wasn't trying to cause trouble..just trying to understand.. I do alittle bit now..but Ugh no thank you ..I'l pass on the pumba jumba mess. We all have our thing. I'm glad that so many people get to enjoy it and try something different. I wasn't trying to be narrow minded...I love Italian food but, I don't want the cruise ship to serve that all the time either...It probably wouldn't be any good anyway... I won't even get started on NCL's Burgers..I would rather eat Indian food then their burgers.

JMHO !

• 1 month later...

I so agree with you TxChick. I like service, and you get that in the MDR.

So, morning ritual...with balcony- first -order coffee from room service-

skip this if in PH- up to the lido for coffee, and watch the sunrise, DH takes pics, I play an Indian flute badly to watch the sunrise. Enjoy the quiet of morning.

Then off to the the MDR, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Hubby does like eggs benedict, i like fried egg ham and english muffin. After breakfast, we head back up to the lido to have a smoke with a cup of coffee, and then chill! Until lunch.:eek:

Our "routine" consists of using Room Service as our wake up call. Ha ha. We request coffee with our room service card before bed. Once they deliver the coffee we enjoy it on our balcony. After we are all showered and ready, it's up to the Lido deck for food. We love the create your own omelets up there so that is where we eat most days. If we have to leave the ship early for an excursion or something, we'll have some cold cereal in the room while getting ready.

This next cruise I plan on trying to eat breakfast more often in the MDR. I have Celiac Disease and have to eat gluten free and they will make me pancakes and waffles there so I wanna test it out. :) As long as I'm on a cruise though, I really don't care where or what I eat for breakfast. :D

Archived