Car rental self guided tour Kauai

ekajun1957

Anyone recommend a downloadable or CD to use during a driving tour of Kauai. We want to rent a car full day and just see how much we can get done keeping a leisurely pace. I have already got list of guide books and other hard copy stuff but heard there are GPS linked tours available for Iphone or others. Wife has Iphone and I have Droid so either way we good. Someone on here mentioned it but I had not at that time really wanted to drive but we have changed our minds on that.

Anyone recommend a downloadable or CD to use during a driving tour of Kauai. We want to rent a car full day and just see how much we can get done keeping a leisurely pace. I have already got list of guide books and other hard copy stuff but heard there are GPS linked tours available for Iphone or others. Wife has Iphone and I have Droid so either way we good. Someone on here mentioned it but I had not at that time really wanted to drive but we have changed our minds on that.

We arrived in Kauai armed with printed out maps and our GPS from home. We referred to the maps occassionally, but never used the GPS except on Oahu. There are only 2 main highways, one heading north and the other south/west, essentially the same road, just with different numbers. You really won't need much to find your way around. But something like you are looking for may lead you to some hidden gems along the way, who knows. Have fun exploring!

I've been looking for a Kauai GPS guide too. I do not know how well it's rated, but I found an iphone app called Kauai Revealed 9th edition. The revealed guide books are highly rated, but i am not sure about the app.

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing the same thing. If you go to http://www.kauai.com/ they have the gps numbers under directions for each area. I checked them out on google maps and they put you close to each area. Here is an example for Waimea Canyon State Park 22.103787,-159.675778 You go to bottom of each page and it said "direction to" click on it and the gps setting will be there. Here is a link to Waimea Canyon page. http://www.kauai.com/waimea-canyon Hope this helps.