Harmony G with Vantage in the Adriatic

Roadlamp

Has anyone recently traveled with Vantage on the Harmony G? We are considering a trip to the Adriatic next year. Specifically how did you like your experience onboard?

If anyone has other suggestions for cruise lines that dock at some ports in Croatia, I'd live to hear about it.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone recently traveled with Vantage on the Harmony G? We are considering a trip to the Adriatic next year. Specifically how did you like your experience onboard?

If anyone has other suggestions for cruise lines that dock at some ports in Croatia, I'd live to hear about it.

Thanks.

We just signed up for this trip on Sunday. We are doing the pretrip to Lake Bled, then traveling from Zagreb to Venice on May 15, 2014. Only 3 cabins left when we signed up.

Edited by H2Otstr

• 11 months later...

We just returned from a Vantage Black Sea Cruise on the Harmony G. We found the cabins fairly uncomfortable (very small, hard as a rock beds, twin beds only, lack of ventillation) and, during warm weather, the cabins and dining room were uncomfortably warm most of the time. The Harmony G is only manually stabilized during rough seas and so is not good for people who need 'smooth sailing'. The itinerary was good for the most part, and the crew were very nice and accommodating, but I would avoid the Harmony G unless the itinerary and 'deal' were just too good to pass up. Also beware that Deck 1 is BELOW THE WATER LINE. They don't tell you this which is deceptive advertising in my book.

Edited by freedml

• 1 month later...

I think we were on the same cruise and totally agree with the poster's comments. Our cabin was on the lowest deck and once underway, our porthole was partially underwater, creating a 'trapped in washing machine' effect. After complaining about the heated cabin, we were told the air-conditioning was running at maximum but it was a water-cooled system and as the ocean was warm, nothing could be done.

• 1 year later...
I think we were on the same cruise and totally agree with the poster's comments. Our cabin was on the lowest deck and once underway, our porthole was partially underwater, creating a 'trapped in washing machine' effect. After complaining about the heated cabin, we were told the air-conditioning was running at maximum but it was a water-cooled system and as the ocean was warm, nothing could be done.

I've read some not-so-good reviews about the M/Y Harmony G. I'm a little nervous about the heads in the cabins and the temperature for sleeping.

Does anyone have pictures of the inside of their cabin? I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade from "C" (below waterline) to "B" or "A" (A & B cabins are on the main deck and look exactly the same to me).

Also - are the showers in C, B, or A separate from the toilet or positioned right over the toilet so the toilet gets wet when you shower?

Edited by kwbts124

I've read some not-so-good reviews about the M/Y Harmony G. I'm a little nervous about the heads in the cabins and the temperature for sleeping.

Does anyone have pictures of the inside of their cabin? I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade from "C" (below waterline) to "B" or "A" (A & B cabins are on the main deck and look exactly the same to me).

Also - are the showers in C, B, or A separate from the toilet or positioned right over the toilet so the toilet gets wet when you shower?

Why bother to read reviews if, when they indicate that the ship is 'unacceptable' you still go? There are plenty of other cruise lines that visit the same ports. Regent Seven Seas shadowed us part of the time in the Black Sea and we are taking that line for an Adriatic cruise in June. Don't take the Harmony G under any circumstances, even if you have to forfeit a deposit.

To

Don't take the Harmony G under any circumstances, even if you have to forfeit a deposit...
, we are looking for a yacht-like experience without having to charter and captain our own boat but thank you for the recommendation.

We are sailboat people who understand what life aboard a 30-foot boat really means. I was looking for a more recent review and hoping that the cabin head would be more modern than the one on our sailboat.

IMG_0335.jpg.9f6b2f811d6157f8930d54c6c56897bc.jpg

Edited by kwbts124

To , we are looking for a yacht-like experience without having to charter and captain our own boat but thank you for the recommendation.

We are sailboat people who understand what life aboard a 30-foot boat really means. I was looking for a more recent review and hoping that the cabin head would be more modern than the one on our sailboat.

I would not hesitate to sail on the Harmony G again. The bathroom was fine and the head was a normal one. Looked for some photos but I can't seem to find any of our room/bathroom.

Our first head on the Harmony G didn't work at all. The head in the second cabin was in the shower. So, it depends on which cabin you are in. But, as I've said before, there was almost no airflow in our cabin (can't blame that on the AC condenser) and the little air to be had was warm, not cool. We were miserable in our cabin when it was warm outside. And, Vantage 'deluxe' travel who chartered the Harmony G didn't give a damn and still charters that vessel.

I haven't bareboat chartered yet, but it's hard to imagine a charter broker that wouldn't happily set you up with a skipper and/or crew on request.

I sail Catalinas up to 40' locally and am familiar with the head and shower arrangements there. The Harmony G has a vacuum waste system similar to larger cruise ships.

Our first head on the Harmony G didn't work at all. The head in the second cabin was in the shower. So, it depends on which cabin you are in. But, as I've said before, there was almost no airflow in our cabin (can't blame that on the AC condenser) and the little air to be had was warm, not cool. We were miserable in our cabin when it was warm outside. And, Vantage 'deluxe' travel who chartered the Harmony G didn't give a damn and still charters that vessel.

I haven't bareboat chartered yet, but it's hard to imagine a charter broker that wouldn't happily set you up with a skipper and/or crew on request.

I sail Catalinas up to 40' locally and am familiar with the head and shower arrangements there. The Harmony G has a vacuum waste system similar to larger cruise ships.

If you can remember which cabin had the head in the shower and which cabin you were in that was hot, it would help us decide. We are leaning on keeping the trip but still have a bit of time. We chose not to bareboat (or hire expensive and unfamiliar crew) because is it much more work with less time for leisure (lots more worry).