Return to Hertz at Heathrow

Thanks to all the helpful posters on the board!

We will be returning our Hertz rental before flying home to the US from Heathrow on a Thursday at 11:00 am next month. We have the Doubletree Heathrow booked for the night before the flight.

Will it be easier to return the car on Wednesday night, using the Hotel Hoppa bus to get to the hotel and then back to Heathrow in the morning? Or just wait until Thursday to return the car before the flight?

Thanks!

The only twice I've used the hoopa bus I found it to be an unpleasant and expensive experience (although it might have changed in the last three years).

Whichever option you choose you are either going to have to pay for parking at the hotel or pay for transportation. If the hotel parking around is £10 for overnight I'd park the car at the hotel and then drive it to hertz in the morning and get the hertz courtesy bus to the terminal. The only caveat would be whether you need to contact the hotel and arrange a parking space or chance they will have one available as it's by no means a certainty.

Other posters might disagree but I'd always rather just take a cab than ever use the hoppa service again...

Edited by h3rjp

Will it be easier to return the car on Wednesday night, using the Hotel Hoppa bus to get to the hotel and then back to Heathrow in the morning? Or just wait until Thursday to return the car before the flight?
Park at the hotel, return the car on Thursday morning, take the Hertz shuttle to the terminal.

I wouldn't recommend selling your grandmother in order to avoid having to take the Hoppa - but it would be a close-run thing.

Hah, glad I asked!

Parking at the hotel is 11 GBP, so not bad, and cheaper than the hoppa for 2 of us.

If we had a super early flight I'd be more concerned about the car dropoff in the morning, but we should be good.

Thanks again!