Ovation: is she the poor relation?

We've booked and paid deposit for our family's first ever cruise, on Ovation for Jan 23 Sydney to Singapore two weeks ago. 344 days to go, and we're excited but anxious of the programs, dining and entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've booked and paid deposit for our family's first ever cruise, on Ovation for Jan 23 Sydney to Singapore two weeks ago. 344 days to go, and we're excited but anxious of the programs, dining and entertainment.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.:)

I spoke to the Future Cruise Manager on Explorer yesterday and she said they don't know yet whether Ovation will come back to Australia for summer 2017/18 as she was specifically built for China.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've just cancelled Ovation's first cruise. 5 nights from Southampton was going to cost around £1300 for a balcony guarantee including travel and hotel and parking. Weather can be anything from rain, cold or sunny.

I changed to Celebrity Constellation from Rome. 12 nights in the warm sunshine, 2 nights in Rome and flights for £1700.

No contest. First time we have sailed other than Royal

I spoke to the Future Cruise Manager on Explorer yesterday and she said they don't know yet whether Ovation will come back to Australia for summer 2017/18 as she was specifically built for China.

It's not confirmed. However, in the same way she's coming here for the first season, it is expected that she will return similarly for our next Summer.

I've just cancelled Ovation's first cruise. 5 nights from Southampton was going to cost around £1300 for a balcony guarantee including travel and hotel and parking. Weather can be anything from rain, cold or sunny.

I changed to Celebrity Constellation from Rome. 12 nights in the warm sunshine, 2 nights in Rome and flights for £1700.

No contest. First time we have sailed other than Royal

Much better deal.:)

I'm new to this and was looking to book the Ovation on 3rd May from s/hampton, with a two day stay in Barcelona.

Is this a bad move, what is wrong with this ship ? I too noticed not much info , is there a reason I'm missing.

Thanks.

I'm new to this and was looking to book the Ovation on 3rd May from s/hampton, with a two day stay in Barcelona.

Is this a bad move, what is wrong with this ship ? I too noticed not much info , is there a reason I'm missing.

Thanks.

Nothing wrong with the ship, its just she's heading to China not too long after your cruise.

Thanks for your reply and sorry if I appear thick, but does that mean there will be limited activities when we are on, or will it be the same.?

I don't even understand what booking the dining options mean, do you pay for some ? I have only been on one other cruise and that was a Thompson one, fairly straight forward.

It does seem like a good price £950 for 7 days cruise AI, Balcony , 2 nights in Barcelona and flights back to the UK.

It's not confirmed. However, in the same way she's coming here for the first season, it is expected that she will return similarly for our next Summer.

There is a number of bookings for her at the OPT for the 2017/18 season... heaps more than just 4 visits - so looks like she may get comfortable here.

No problems Corrina, I was on Anthem on her 4th cruise (16 nights) last year so will be able to compare the 2. The menus are very similar, I left booking them on Anthem 'till the last minute & could only get one night in The Grande.

Thanks, I appreciate this. Graham is only letting me have two nights in The Grande if I can get it. ;) I would wear a gown every night if I could, but he is not too keen the dressing up part.

Corinna

Hubby and I were looking into boarding her when she gets to Oz, but we decided she is similar enough to Quantum (who, may I say, we *adore*) that we won't worry about sailing on her out of Sydney, however you can bet your bottom dollar that Mum, hubby and I will be right there on the harbour foreshore when she sails in on 15th Dec to wave to her (read: ogle her)! I gave hubby a 'save-the-date' the other day :-)

There is nothing "wrong" with her; it is just because she is Asian bound and this is a predominantly USA/ European site that very few people will ever have the chance to sail on her, so consequently there is little buzz or info.

Her first float out is scheduled for today though.

Meanwhile on Harmony which comes out a month later, and which will be in Europe and the USA they have already started the 99 day countdown !

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain