Need help in deciding cabin locale - carnival dream

Cruisecat40

We decided on sailing the Carnival Dream....:) Does anyone know what cabin location has less movement (for someone prone to sea sickness) and also comfortably accommodate a family of 4 ???? An interior cabin seems claustrophobic, is that the case on the Dream?

I am new to this site and have sorted through the various threads but need a quick response. Please Help....Thanks!!!

The least amount of motion will be felt on a middle deck, midships....not too far forward or aft.

Inside cabins are quite dark, so you'll need electric light all the time...not my favorite option! You can get an Ocean View cabin, that has windows or portholes, so you'll have some natural light. A balcony cabin is even better, but your budget has to be able to accomodate that!

The least movement is the bottom deck, midship... the higher the deck the more motion. Picture a see-saw. I had a friend her first cruise who was afraid a inside would be claustrophic, but now she says she doesnt care if it is a inside.

I got this from serene who has answered this question countless times "the more you pay, the more you sway" meaning higher decks not only cost more, but have more motion.

The least movement is the bottom deck, midship... the higher the deck the more motion. Picture a see-saw. I had a friend her first cruise who was afraid a inside would be claustrophic, but now she says she doesnt care if it is a inside.

I got this from serene who has answered this question countless times "the more you pay, the more you sway" meaning higher decks not only cost more, but have more motion.

Thank you so very much. Your responses helped a great deal. Can you tell I am a "fairly new cruiser":)

We decided on sailing the Carnival Dream....:) Does anyone know what cabin location has less movement (for someone prone to sea sickness) and also comfortably accommodate a family of 4 ???? An interior cabin seems claustrophobic, is that the case on the Dream?

I am new to this site and have sorted through the various threads but need a quick response. Please Help....Thanks!!!

here is a site you may find useful there are some tips for deck by deck cabin selections

http://*****************/carnival-cruises/carnival-dream/cabin-selection

Archived