Chefs Table

CalJas

We have dome the Chef's table twice and while the food was very good and we had a wonderful time, I do not think the price would be worth it if we did not drink wine.

I saw some postings from older threads regarding the Chef's Table where they handed out a signed cookbook at the end, do they still do that?

Already booked the Chef's Table on the Pride regardless, but I know my wife would like it as a souvenir. Thanks.

How did you book ahead the Chef's Table? According to the website it must be done when you get on board at guest services.

Not sure I can link to it here, so I will explain how to do it. Do a Google search for 'ask john carnival'. First search result should be John Heald's (Carnival) Blog page where you can ask him a question or submit a request.

There is a question/request form to fill out on that page, put in your request. Make sure you put in your ship, number of guests, date of cruise, their names, cabin, booking number - for all the people you want to reserve a seat for. Submit that. My understanding is that he sends your request to whoever is handling the Chefs table for your cruise. In a few days (4 for us) we got an email from someone on the Pride stating we had our seats reserved. One less thing to do when we get on board. Hope that helps.

Note: I think you can also send the request directly to the steakhouse Maitre’D on your ship, but I just went the route above.

Not sure I can link to it here, so I will explain how to do it. Do a Google search for 'ask john carnival'. First search result should be John Heald's (Carnival) Blog page where you can ask him a question or submit a request.

There is a question/request form to fill out on that page, put in your request. Make sure you put in your ship, number of guests, date of cruise, their names, cabin, booking number - for all the people you want to reserve a seat for. Submit that. My understanding is that he sends your request to whoever is handling the Chefs table for your cruise. In a few days (4 for us) we got an email from someone on the Pride stating we had our seats reserved. One less thing to do when we get on board. Hope that helps.

Note: I think you can also send the request directly to the steakhouse

Maitre’D on your ship, but I just went the route above.

Thanks, I sent out a request thru their regular contact us spot on the website. I'll give that a day then try your way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know how often the menu for the chef's table changes? We did it last year and were planning on doing it again BUT if the menu is the same I might re-consider. Thanks!

According to John Healds FB page, they are working on a new Chefs Table menu.

We don't drink but think the chefs table would be great fun. Do they give a discounted rate if you don't drink the wine?

My DD doesn't drink and I hardly drink and we found it worth it nonetheless. If you're a foodie (which we are), then the wine isn't even a small part of the draw for CT. :o

How much is the chefs table per person?

I've done it twice and unless they've changed the prices it's $75 pp.

As far as scheduling it, I've tried twice to schedule it through John's blog and never heard back. Back when Mach was a moderator, he sent a message to John and I still didn't hear anything. So, twice now, I've scheduled it by replying to the confirmation of our steakhouse reservation. Both times I heard back quickly by doing it that way.

Here's a post I put on another thread. It had some good info, so I'll post it again.

The Chef’s Table

Carnival has introduced an exciting fine dining option for our guests – The Chef’s Table. This one-of-a-kind culinary experience includes an exquisite multi-course private dinner hosted by one of the line’s master chefs along with a private champagne reception (soft drinks for kids) and a personalized tour of the galley.

With The Chef’s Table, a select group of 12-14 guests enjoy champagne and hors d’ouevres hosted by the ship’s chef de cuisine. The chef then takes the group on a personalized tour to see the galley in operation, providing participants with a unique perspective on Carnival’s extensive food and beverage operations.

The evening concludes with a sumptuous full-service dinner with delicious appetizers, entrees and desserts created by the line’s master chefs. Depending on the vessel, the meal takes place in non-traditional dining venues throughout the ship – the galley, library, conference center, etc.

The cost is $75 per person. The dinner(s) as well as the dinner date(s) are subject to the number of guests wishing to participate in this experience.

The dress code follows the dress code specified for that evening on board; since guests are taken on a personalized tour of the galley, open-toed, heels and shoes with slippery soles are discouraged.

Pre-Cruise Reservation Procedures

· Prior to the cruise, guests can send an email to Group Event Planning at: groupeventplanning@carnival.com.

· Requests must be submitted no later than 7 days prior to the sail date.

· The subject line should read “Chef’s Table Request” and the email should include the following information:

§ Names

§ Number of guests attending

§ Ship and Saildate

§ Booking Number and Cabin Number

· Group Event Planning will email the request to the specific ship Maitre d’.

· The Maitre d’ will respond directly to the guest if they are able to accommodate the request.

· Once onboard, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged.

On Board Reservation Procedures

· Reservations can be arranged on board with the Steakhouse Hostess.

· On those ships that do not have a Steakhouse (Fantasy-Class/Destiny/Triumph/Victory), reservations can be arranged on board with the Maitre d’.

Archived