Puerto Princesa on your own or with local Tour Guides?

Moo_Cruiser

Hi all

We will be in Puerto Princesa Philippines on the Legend of the Seas in October 2106 for one day from 8am to 5pm.

I'd be keen for advice re how to approach this port independently rather than doing a ship tour. Does anyone who has been to this port have any ideas re things to see and do that are acheivable in the time frame?

Would be happy to do a full day tour with a local tour company if anyone can recommend a local agency to use.

Would like to go to an island on a boat trip for snorkelling but don't want to go too far, maybe an hour or so off shore so we don't have to rush too much. Is island hopping suitable for October (monsoon season) and is it doable in the timeframe?

Can we do it easily ourselves by using cabs from the port and local boats?

Would appreciate any insights other cruisers have as there's not much info re this port!:)

Cheers

Amanda

We visited that port on a Legend of the Seas cruise in 2013. The place was rather undeveloped. I'm not sure if it is safe to use a private tour. Our ship's tour brought us to the underground river. The distance to travel was quite far and our buses were more than 1 hour late getting back to the ship. Of course, the ship waited for us, as it was the ship's tour.

Unless things have changed (which I highly doubt), I wouldn't recommend doing it on your own unless you wish to go somewhere very nearby the port.

See my blog post for more info.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/10/puerto-princesa-palawan-philippines.html