need local expert help...Fll, Mia

muffin

A little complicated, but please bare with me. Fly into MCO and have car for a week to spend time in Central FL. Driving to Fort Lauderdale,and will return car there. Where should we return it to? Port? FLL? Hotel? After our first cruise, we return to port in Fort lauderdale and later that same day, sail again from Miami port on a second cruise. How should we transfer from Port in Fll to Port in Miami? When we return from the second cruise back to Miami, I presume it is easy to get to FLL airport for the flight home. Best to get cab or ship transfer or what? Thank you SO much for your knowledge. Marg

A little complicated, but please bare with me. Fly into MCO and have car for a week to spend time in Central FL. Driving to Fort Lauderdale,and will return car there. Where should we return it to? Port? FLL? Hotel? After our first cruise, we return to port in Fort lauderdale and later that same day, sail again from Miami port on a second cruise. How should we transfer from Port in Fll to Port in Miami? When we return from the second cruise back to Miami, I presume it is easy to get to FLL airport for the flight home. Best to get cab or ship transfer or what? Thank you SO much for your knowledge. Marg

Drive to FLL rental agency near the port, drop off car, take rental car shuttle back to port.

Get off ship, take shuttle back to rental car place, rent car, drive to Miami. Drop car off at rental car place, cab to port.

I think you can do all these rentals for around $25 per day on hotwire.

A little reading will answer your questions. No local experts needed. Just some reading.

You can't return the car to the port. Either the airport- most common- or possibly a couple of off airport sites. Free shuttle, or possibly a $15 cab to the port.

There are many shuttles mentioned on the board here for getting you from Port Everglades to POM. SAS, QLS are commonly mentioned.

Getting back from POM to FLL is the same, except a cab is your most expensive, at about $85, before tip.

The closest drop off points for the rental cars will be the locations near the port (lowest cab fare if there is no shuttle, but you are only going to save about $5 over the airport location)....look at SE 17th St, S. Federal Hwy, Miami Rd. locations.

I would try to book SAS shuttle from PE to POM and from POM to FLL.

Sometimes the cruiseline transfers from POM to FLL are a good deal too.

I would not rent a car to go between the ports...too inconvenient/indirect...unless you want to go out and see things for a few hours of fun in between. If you can get a shuttle, that would be more convenient/direct.

Make sure that you allow plenty of time to get to FLL...book a flight that leaves at 1 PM or later.

Which cruise lines are you sailing.

If you are sailing on Celebrity/Rccl they

class it as a back to back cruise and arrange

Transport for you from PE to Miami.

Talk to your TA I don't know if other cruise lines

Do the same.

Archived