Need Favor Ideas For Gift Bags! CAN ANYONE HELP?

longislandblue

Need favor ideas! We have 27 people so far in our group for our family reunion cruise in April. Last time, my sister and I made bags with post it notes, neon markers, candy with our family name and cruise date on them and watertight bags for money. In certain family members we added picture frames and my mother added vintage family photos for her siblings.

I need to do something different this time. Of course the post it notes and the markers will remain. But I am looking for new ideas to put in the bags. We have all age ranges from 5 on up to the senior crew. Anyone got a new idea?

When our family went on our first cruise, I made little gifts for everyone.

I made 8 1/2 X 11 door signs for everyone in our party. For my brother and his wife "M"ike and "M"elinda, I used M&M stickers......for my sister, it was beach stickers. For the girls, it was makeup, and the boys are into music so it was dvd stickers and instruments. Dad is a fireman and mom sews so theirs had a firetruck and sewing machine on it. It had a blast making them, and the door signs were a HUGE hit!

You've got a lot bigger crew though, so maybe just some personalized magnets to put on their doors? I also made little phone cards listing everyone's cabin numbers. What about lanyards for their S&S cards, snacks, those huggie things for cans of soda to keep drinks cold. What about a "cruise CD" with cruise type music? You can burn CD's on your computer for the price of a blank CD.

Sometimes you can get tee shirts silkscreened with a theme for your group at very reasonable prices too, then you can all wear them at sailaway. Something that's ALWAYS popular with all ages are those glow in the dark necklaces. Search the web there's a site out there (cannot list it here unfortunately......but email me if you like) that has very reasonable prices when you buy in bulk.

If I think of more, I'll come back!

How about sunglasses, thermos cups with their names on it, the glow in the dark jewelry you can get at the dollar store ( that would be fun during the deck parties at night). We have actually made t-shirts for our group, but I love the idea of goodie bags. We leave in 16 days, maybe I can pull them off.

• Disposable cameras?
  • Small photo album, about 5x7 (for about a dozen pictures).....our travel agent gave us one decorated for our first cruise and it was lovely!
  • fanny packs, personalized or with the ship's name on it
  • small travel alarm clock - on sale at Walmart for $6. It plugs in and has a battery

If I think of anymore, I'll post again. :)

.....Journals from the dollar store. Everyone could keep a journal or scrapbook and compare them after the cruise.

....or and autograph book and see who can get the most signatures.

....Goofy sunglasse from the dollar store.

...How about wrapping each present for a different day (like Hannukah) and giving the same present to everyone to make it a theme day

-Silly glasses day

-Hat Day

-Balloon day

-Etc.

You sound like a fun group!!!!!

Try

orientaltrading.com

they have tons of fun little items you'd never think of. they have some cute little watersafe containers on a neck string even.

Ah! you just reminded me that I bought those for our last cruise and forgotten to put them in the bags! Thank you Thank you!

A 1 page or 1\2 page calendar that list the ports; sea days; when you need to be back on the ship when the ship is expected to arrive.... any special dinners you have already planned... no one likes to have every min planned but I'm talking about the things you don't have control over...

I do this for myself.. & on the back i put some important info like phone numbers for the ship and the various embassy's

Oh! - small sample size sunblock?

• 4 weeks later...

Someone gave us a goodie bag once that had a small bottle of Purel. It was in a little plastic holder that we could secure to our beach bag. What a life saver it turned out to be! When a lot of the passengers got sick, everyone in our group stayed healthy. I've seen these in two packs at stores like Target--near the check out.

From the Dollar Store:

Lanyards

Disposable Toilet Seat Covers (for shore excursions)

Kleenex Pkts

Mini-Bubbles

Aloha leis

Eyeglass chains

Wristlets in which to keep your sea-pass

Thank you cards (for the crew)

Post-Its

Pens / Pencils

Small picture frames

Wet-wipes (for shore excursions)

Rain ponchos

Bandannas

Little mirrored disco-balls for 70's night

Key chains

And tons more things I can't even think of at the moment. Happy shopping!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

I love to do gift bags.....When I did roundtrip NYC, I collected 21 New York State Quarters, I then bought 21 Ilove N Y key chains and put the quarters on the keychain. (shhhh, I know drilling a hole in the quarter is illegal!!!) Everyone loved that idea.....Next, I made picture frames. You can buy the wooden frames and paint them different colors and put miniature cruise stuff on them, plus these things are light to carry and pack.....

If you are travelling around a holiday you can do a holiday theme. I put some Halloween things in my gift bag...theme pens, note pads, small pumpkin bags with candy, bracelets with pumpkins and witches on them, etc. etc.

I also had some M&M's made with our group name...but I can't remember where I ordered them from.

Have fun!

I got some small plastic snack containers for taking snacks ashore or back to the cabin. Also found nice tall sealable hot/cold drink containers at the $ store for either coffee or soft drinks. I also included the small purel, highlighter, post it notes, journals and we all love blowing bubbles at sailaway!! I decorated the inside cover of the journal with the ship name and a map of the area cruised. On the first page I listed everyone with their cabin number so it was right at hand to dial from room to room. We took everything and assembled it on the ship, but we only had 8 couples! And, we drove to our embarkation port! Not sure how you would manage flying!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived