POA overnight in Kahului

holidayhelen

Hello - we are doing the POA cruise next Feb 2017 - there is an overnight in Kahului and we were hoping to visit Lahaina.

We have been recommended to go to Old Lahaina Luau - does anyone know if this is possible. We do not intend to hire a car - we don't really like driving out of the UK as we are on holiday.

Anyone know of any tours from the ship to the Luau?

Grateful for any help

Helen

I did a very thorough research, since I didn't want DH to drive back from the luau (no, he is not drinking anyhow), but figured after a day of sightseeing, he will be tired at 9PM

The only option we found was a very expensive taxi. Don't forget that you have to hire it both ways, and the Luau is almost 4 hours in between...

We were also 4 persons.

We ended up renting a car, when we saw that the road to Lahaina is a very straight one, no problem navigating it, it took us 45 min of relaxed driving. Ample parking at the luau.

We enjoyed the OLL very much - it was worth the effort and the expense.

Aloha. we are on the same cruise in sept and are going to the old lahaina luau.

We made a reservation with cb maui taxi( 808-243-8294 ) for a round trip.

they offer reasonable rates.

cheers

horseymike:D

Thank you so much for this. Someone has also suggested that we take the ships tour to Lahaina and then just get a taxi back - which may also be worth looking into.

thanks for your help

Helen

Aloha. we are on the same cruise in sept and are going to the old lahaina luau.

We made a reservation with cb maui taxi( 808-243-8294 ) for a round trip.

they offer reasonable rates.

cheers

horseymike:D

I have looked them up and i have asked for a quote - thanks again - let us know how you get on

We may even go a bit earlier and spend some time in Lahaina - its so beauitful one of my favourite ports - its a shame they don't dock there

Helen

Thank you so much for this. Someone has also suggested that we take the ships tour to Lahaina and then just get a taxi back - which may also be worth looking into.

thanks for your help

Helen

The ships tour to Lahaina, called Lahaina On Your Own, is very reasonable, and is basically just a roundtrip ride to and from. But on a pp basis, depending on the one way taxi price, it might be a cost savings to just do the taxi. I imagine the tour leaves the ship early, and it would make for a very long day in Lahaina before the Luau starts. With a taxi, you can head out to Lahaina on your own schedule.

However, there are ample things to do there to fill up the day, shopping and restaurants as well as water activities (snorkel and whale watch tours that leave from the waterfront), and even shuttles that run a short distance down to the Kaanapali Beach area.

Edited by punkincc

I have looked them up and i have asked for a quote - thanks again - let us know how you get on

We may even go a bit earlier and spend some time in Lahaina - its so beauitful one of my favourite ports - its a shame they don't dock there

Helen

Got a quote back from the taxi company -$160 round trip - does this sound reasonable?

H