Balcony (BA) question of Epic

Hello, I have just tried to book a AC GTY cabin on Epic and know they are telling me a suite can't be booked as a GTY. Kind of funny since I have received quotes from 5 different agents and ncl.com that told me you could????

Anyway, so am moving on to plan B (and probable better since it will save me a wad of cash). I would like to book a BA and looks to me they are all aft. I have been wanting to book one of these for several years but we can never book way ahead and they are always gone (until know). So, would like some info on aft's cabins. They are available on decks 12,11,10, and 9 for my sailing date. Does anyone have an opinion which ones they like better (on the corners or in the middle, higher or lower decks.) Any info would be great. Thanks.

Corner, higher deck if it has a wraparound balcony, which unfortunately this ship doesn't have on BA's. So when it doesn't I shot for center'ish. This is my 3rd AFT and I can't say enough wonderful things about an aft balcony. Spectacular view .. nice and quiet ... it's awesome!

Hello, I have just tried to book a AC GTY cabin on Epic and know they are telling me a suite can't be booked as a GTY. Kind of funny since I have received quotes from 5 different agents and ncl.com that told me you could????

Anyway, so am moving on to plan B (and probable better since it will save me a wad of cash). I would like to book a BA and looks to me they are all aft. I have been wanting to book one of these for several years but we can never book way ahead and they are always gone (until know). So, would like some info on aft's cabins. They are available on decks 12,11,10, and 9 for my sailing date. Does anyone have an opinion which ones they like better (on the corners or in the middle, higher or lower decks.) Any info would be great. Thanks.

General consideration - the ship pitches (so the midship suffers less) and rolls (lower decks suffer less).

This ship specifics - lifeboats!

1. They are hanging completely outside the ship. That means more tonnage, more cabins, more revenue. The Epic would lose a couple of them

. Those two ships were able to continue their sailings. A cruise on the Epic would be cancelled in that case.

2. The lifeboats can be washed away

3. They make the ship look even more awkward (in addition to the huge suitcase on top of the superstructure).

4. They obstruct the view from balconies. The Epic lacks freebord. Two areas are somewhat free of lifeboats, but those are the very bow and the very aft (less desireable areas). The midship portion could have been a solution, but the superstructure narrows towards the midline of the ship in that area. So that if you look down to see unobsctructed sea you will see a part of a deck (actually a row of "balconies" with no roof).

A possible con of the lower deck is possible (we don't know yet) noise from three "party decks" below.

I would also avoid areas adjasent to engine uptakes due to possibly higher level of noise and vibration.

44869963.jpg

I didn't even realize that when I booked my cabin, but based on the curve on the deck plans, my bed is near the door and I'm very, very happy about that. Last summer we were aft balcony on POA and the cabins look about the same size and I think the room would have set up better with the bed nearer to the balcony (which it was not ... )

We are booked in BA stern on Epic - deck 9.

When booking we had choice of any deck but opted for deck 9 ... why?

Restaurants, shops, reception, excusrion, night/comedy clubs, etc, blah, blah, etc are on decks 7 and 6 and we had a choice of spending most of the time in elevators (or waiting for) from higher decks or walk down 2 decks ...

More stuff on decks 7 and 6 than higher up. Also we don't spend a lot of time on pool deck.

You decide.

As for picking cabin with bed closest to the door or balcony - well we picked the latter because the closet is opposite the sofa and closest to the shower.

Our first stern!! Can't wait! It will be cramped quarters for the 3 of us but we will see.

Thanks for all of your help. I ended up booking cabin 11319. So now my question is this. How do you know which cabins have the bed by the bathroom or balcony. I would like the bed by the balcony so can someone tell me the configuation of this cabin or point me in the direction where you can get the info. Thanks.

Thanks for all of your help. I ended up booking cabin 11319. So now my question is this. How do you know which cabins have the bed by the bathroom or balcony. I would like the bed by the balcony so can someone tell me the configuation of this cabin or point me in the direction where you can get the info. Thanks.
Check the deck plans on CC or NCL. Where the wall curves into the room (where the room is narrower), that's where the couch is. Where the wall curves out (where the room is wider), that's where the bed is.

1. They are hanging completely outside the ship. That means more tonnage, more cabins, more revenue. The Epic would lose a couple of them

44869963.jpg

Damn you !! I just spent the last half hour 'lost' in You Tube video's of ship horn battles and goodness knows what else after following that link.

Archived