Hilo Farmers Market and Tour Guides

joan72761

I read about the Farmers Market in Hilo and the article said there were also tour guides there that we could talk to and/or hire. Has anyone done this and what did you think? Also, what do you think of the Hilo Farmers Market and its size? I love Farmers Markets but obviously since I have to fly back home I want to spend my money on something other than fruit and vegis so I'm looking for one with lots of stuff I can buy for Christmas presents.:D

Thanks for your advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on the day you arrive in Hilo, The Farmers Market has not only fruits and vegetables, but lots of local handmade crafts across the street. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays are their big days but, sometimes the craft vendors will set up during ship days.

In Hilo, catch the Hele On County bus for $1 and it will drop you off at the bus terminal downtown. The Farmers Market is across the street from the bus terminal. The downtown Hilo area is filled with small shops that are locally owned. The downtown Hilo Association also has an excellent printout of The Downtown Hilo Walking Tour.

Rent a car and the internet has a mass of information on places to visit and how to get there.

If you still want a guide, contact C Big Island tours cbigisland.com

Either way you do it, you will love Hawaii!!!

I love the Hilo Farmers Market. I have purchased produce and flowers there. And I have received some very nice gifts from the non-produce/flower stalls. We are visiting Hilo for Thanksgiving and I am looking forward to our visit to the Market. Cherie

• 3 weeks later...

Archived