Lunch in Marigot

jclu6772

My family and I are cruising on Holland America in January, and are thinking of taking a taxi to Marigot while in St Maarten. We are wanting to know a good place to have lunch while there. Prices and menus would be great if you have the info.

Any other suggestions for transportation besides taxi would be great as well. We will only be in port from 8am until 3pm. Taxi prices welcome as well. There will be 4 of us.

Thanks,

David

We have eaten lunch at Tropicana several times which is in the marina in Marigot. Very good french food, upscale and they open at noon for lunch.

You can take a bus to Marigot which I believe is still $2 pp. and will take you approx. an hour to get there. You would need to walk to Back St. in Philipsburg to catch the bus. They are minivans and their license plate would indicate taxi and they will be a sign in the window indicating Marigot. Since you are only there until 3:00 pm, I would take a taxi back from Marigot. If you eat at Tropicana, they will call a taxi for you.

Reviews of Tropicana on tripadvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147348-d2022320-r125841378-Tropicana-Marigot_Saint_Martin_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

We have also eaten at several LOLO's in Marigot which means, locally owned, locally operated. Had lunch several times at Rosemary, reviews below. Right next to Rosemary's are many other LOLO;s.

Across the street from these LOLO is a great bakery called Sarafina, delicious pastries, reviews below also.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147348-d2303967-Reviews-Rosemary_s-Marigot_Saint_Martin_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=sarafina's+st+martin

We have eaten lunch at Tropicana several times which is in the marina in Marigot. Very good french food, upscale and they open at noon for lunch.

You can take a bus to Marigot which I believe is still $2 pp. and will take you approx. an hour to get there. You would need to walk to Back St. in Philipsburg to catch the bus. They are minivans and their license plate would indicate taxi and they will be a sign in the window indicating Marigot. Since you are only there until 3:00 pm, I would take a taxi back from Marigot. If you eat at Tropicana, they will call a taxi for you.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147348-d2022320-r125841378-Tropicana-Marigot_Saint_Martin_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

We have also eaten at several LOLO's in Marigot which means, locally owned, locally operated. Had lunch several times at Rosemary, reviews below. Right next to Rosemary's are many other LOLO;s.

Across the street from these LOLO is a great bakery called Sarafina, delicious pastries, reviews below also.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147348-d2303967-Reviews-Rosemary_s-Marigot_Saint_Martin_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

Thanks for all of the information. Now we will just have to decide between all of the choices. I just hate we have such a limited time to visit. We cruised there a few years ago with Celebrity and had a little more time. We did a tour with Bernard tours and loved it. Just didn't have enough time in Marigot and wanted to spend time there this trip.

My family and I are cruising on Holland America in January, and are thinking of taking a taxi to Marigot while in St Maarten. We are wanting to know a good place to have lunch while there. Prices and menus would be great if you have the info.

Any other suggestions for transportation besides taxi would be great as well. We will only be in port from 8am until 3pm. Taxi prices welcome as well. There will be 4 of us.

Thanks,

David

Regarding the transportation from Marigot. I saw that there is a company offering boat rides back to the pier. The cost was $30 pp for a minimum of 4 people. It's much higher than a taxi but it's like a mini excursion and since you asked for alternatives I thought that I would throw it out there.:)

Regarding the transportation from Marigot. I saw that there is a company offering boat rides back to the pier. The cost was $30 pp for a minimum of 4 people. It's much higher than a taxi but it's like a mini excursion and since you asked for alternatives I thought that I would throw it out there.:)

Thanks! I'll see what I can find out about that. Sounds like fun :)

I'd be interested in this' date=' also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

The company is called Revemarine and their website is http://www.revemarine.com/

Click on the American flag and then Brokerage and then "contact" on the left side of the page and you will get their contact info

We read the info outside of their building and it said that they leave Marigot at 2 and 3 and upon request but they also said that they need 4 people minimum to do the trip so I think that contacting them prior to your port day in St. Martin is the way to go on this one. :)

Edited by Karysa

• 2 weeks later...
Sarafina's was absolutely AWESOME!!!!! Lines can be long and counter help can be rude at times - but the pastries are to die for. JMHO

Hi

Can you tell me the hours for Serafina's? We were there in May on a Monday and no holiday that i knew of and they were closed:( I see most restaurants are closed between 1-3pm.

We'll be back in November and we plan to grab a taxi and get out there around 10am.

Hopefully this time it won't be a bust.

Thanks

Liz:)

Edited by knots4crewzing

I have to correct one thing I indicated above. When taking a bus, their license plate will indicate BUS and a taxi's license plate indicates TAXI.

Get to Sarafina's early, 10am would be fine, as they do sell out of certain items quickly.

I have to correct one thing I indicated above. When taking a bus, their license plate will indicate BUS and a taxi's license plate indicates TAXI.

Get to Sarafina's early, 10am would be fine, as they do sell out of certain items quickly.

Do you happen to know the hours for Serafina's??

Thanx

Liz

Thanx

Liz

Sorry, I do not know their hours of operation. Each time we have been there, am & pm they have always been opened. I'm sure we have been there between 1 & 3 pm as our ship has arrived at 1 pm many times and we go over to Marigot.

Someone posted that Sarafina's was closed when they arrived, this is the first time I'm hearing of them being closed. This bakery is very popular with locals and tourist and can't see them closing for 2 hours. Hopefully someone else can confirm if they are closed between 1 & 3 pm.

Their pastries are really delicious :)

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, I do not know their hours of operation. Each time we have been there, am & pm they have always been opened. I'm sure we have been there between 1 & 3 pm as our ship has arrived at 1 pm many times and we go over to Marigot.

Someone posted that Sarafina's was closed when they arrived, this is the first time I'm hearing of them being closed. This bakery is very popular with locals and tourist and can't see them closing for 2 hours. Hopefully someone else can confirm if they are closed between 1 & 3 pm.

Their pastries are really delicious :)

Last year when in St. Maartin and we tried Sarafina's, they were closed...it was around noon. Or perhaps a bit earlier.

We leave for our next cruise in 9 days and I hope when we stop by there again in the afternoon we will be able to visit

Last year when in St. Maartin and we tried Sarafina's, they were closed...it was around noon. Or perhaps a bit earlier.

We leave for our next cruise in 9 days and I hope when we stop by there again in the afternoon we will be able to visit

Was your St Martin cruise stop on a Monday? Pretty sure I read that Serafina's is closed on Mondays. Perhaps someone can verify that information. I have often stopped in the afternoon and it was always open so I do not believe that Serafina's has a siesta time like many stores in Marigot do.

Was your St Martin cruise stop on a Monday? Pretty sure I read that Serafina's is closed on Mondays. Perhaps someone can verify that information. I have often stopped in the afternoon and it was always open so I do not believe that Serafina's has a siesta time like many stores in Marigot do.

Nope I went on the allure which disembarks on Sunday. But hopefully they will be open this time around as we are there on a tues...we have an excursion from 9am til about 11 or 12 then we planned on going there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by aubreyc1988

Thanx

Liz

I received confirmation that Sarafina's is closed on Monday's.

• 1 month later...