If you could start over, which brand would you build loyalty with?

bigdave35

I wouldn't, because not all line go where you want, when you want... Carnival pulled out of Europe and many people jumped ship(no pun intended) to other lines... The perks that they offer are things I don't care about... I cruise for the love of the seas and to see new places... Give me a good price and I am a happy person. Have been on five different lines and haven't seen any difference that would sway me... That's what I think...:cool:

I wouldn't, because not all line go where you want, when you want... Carnival pulled out of Europe and many people jumped ship(no pun intended) to other lines... The perks that they offer are things I don't care about... I cruise for the love of the seas and to see new places... Give me a good price and I am a happy person. Have been on five different lines and haven't seen any difference that would sway me... That's what I think...:cool:

We feel the same way:). We aren't loyal to any 1 company...this includes Airlines, Hotels, Stores & so on.

We sailed Princess about 6 or so times; same for Celebrity; once on RCI and once (sort of - long story) on Carnival..... We have sailed over 80 times on HAL. I don't regret any of those cruises and gain would choose HAL as my cruise line of choice. For me, it is a lot about the people. I love the style of HAL ships, their blue and white livery, the interesting itineraries, the art aboard, many of the fellow pax with some exception, of course, :) but most of all we have always loved the crews/the people of HAL. After sailing on other cruise lines, the first time we sailed HAL, we knew we had found our 'cruise home'.

Perhaps I am alone in this but I would still opt for RCI...not happy with some of the recent changes affecting their most loyal cruiser's but the ones we enjoy as a D+ are still worth it to us.

None of the cruiselines offer perks that are great enough to be a primary cause for choosing to sail with that line.

Would I consider it secondarily? Perhaps. But I cruise primarily based on itinerary and secondarily on size of ship and cost.

Agreed! :)

If you could start over, what brand would you build loyalty with? Why? and please, be polite. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Even though we have great loyalty perks with Princess, we also cruise on other cruise lines from time to time.

LuLu

I probably wouldn't do anything differently--so far the cruise line hasn't been that big a deal to us. We've cruised Princess the most, but largely because price and itinerary worked out. We've been on RCI, NCL, Carnival and Celebrity as well as some defunct lines and always have had a good cruise.

I like variety; for instance after 10 cruise on Princess, it's starting to feel too familiar; menus, shows, activities, decor, all kind of blend together. So we're doing Celebrity next.

Rewards for loyalty would have to be more significant than they are now before we'd chose based on that.

We choose our cruise primarily on itinerary first, then look at ship and cost.

So far we have enjoyed all of them.

We don't think that loyalty perks are that big a deal, and does not play into our decisions.

We started out on several cruise lines and then found a happy home on Holland America Lines.

It is primarily the crew and the itineraries that keep us coming back to HAL.

If I had it to do over I would probably start cruising on HAL sooner.

Scott & Karen

We cruise many lines but seem to do more on Princess mainly because of itineraries. I don't think I would ever consider sticking to any one line but if price were no oject we would do more Oceania and Regent cruises. Excellent itineraries, food and service.

I would do exactly the same thing .... stay with Princess. I feel their loyalty program is generous, but the main thing is that I love the Princess product, and that they make me feel like a princess every time I step on board.

Like many others who have posted, we have no real loyalty to any one cruise line. We have been on twenty-four cruises and tend to pick a line based upon itinerary and then price. As of today, here is our "score card":

NCL-6

HAL-6 (will not book again until they ban smoking on balconies)

RCCL-4 (another booked for 4/15)

Princess-4

Carnival-2

Celebrity-1

Premier-1 (now defunct)

None. We cruise a lot and are top tier on Princess. Perks are good and it's nice to get them, but there are other lines that we like and itinerary, date(s) price etc etc are more important then getting free laundry and 10% off in the gift shop.

Though not a cruise line, we have remained loyal to United Airlines for many years. Top tier frequent flyer status for many years while traveling on business meant "bend over backward" service including comp upgrades, priority rerouting when problems arose, dedicated contact resources (particularly useful for misplaced luggage), etc. And now we have a decent bank of miles to use for cruise related flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are not loyal to any cruise line, although we enjoy the perks offered to suite guests on Royal Caribbean. We have chosen our cruises based on the itineraries and will continue to do so.

So far, we have cruised on three different lines. We enjoyed each cruise for various reasons. Some we enjoyed more than others, also for various reasons.

We look forward to trying HAL and Celebrity in the near future. Cruising is a wonderful way to travel and explore the world.

None of them.

As the man said, if you want loyalty buy a dog.

We buy based on itinerary, ship, and price. We do not care whose label is on the ship. Could be Celebrity, Princess, whatever.

Besides, they are always changing, as are our travel preferences.

Edited by iancal