Mediteranian Excursions

swimmer2

I am sailing on Celebrity Reflection on Novemeber 4th 2012. We have been going over the excursions but they are a bit overwhelming. We are trying to decide which options to take in:

Rhodes, Greece

Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey

Athens (Piraeus), Greece

Valletta, Malta

Catania,sicily,italy

Naples, Italy

Florence, Italy

Provence (Toulon), France

I know this is a very loaded question but if anyone has any suggestions we would really appreciate the help!

Thank You!

See my answer on your other post. We don't know anything about you, your interests, limitations, budget or anything else. Some reading on the Ports boards (link in your other post) and the cruise line's online info should help you do some narrowing based on what you know your interests are.

One option for Rhode is not to do any tour.

Just a two minute walk from the pier is the walled city of Rhodes. There is much to see in this city and some hidden treasures as well such as a beautiful synagogue. You could spend several hours walking around this walled city.

Keith

Excursions are the most imporant part of the "experience" IMHO.

I'd always go two extremes, DIY ( Do it Yourself ), or research and find a good private driver/guide and build my own schedule. You can use the ship tours to give you and idea, or google to search the attractions in each port. Planning early and invest will yield great experiences to last a liftime. Budget and your personal style/interest are the most important thing, sharing those will help others help you.

I am sailing on Celebrity Reflection on Novemeber 4th 2012. We have been going over the excursions but they are a bit overwhelming. We are trying to decide which options to take in:

Rhodes, Greece

Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey

Athens (Piraeus), Greece

Valletta, Malta

Catania,sicily,italy

Naples, Italy

Florence, Italy

Provence (Toulon), France

I know this is a very loaded question but if anyone has any suggestions we would really appreciate the help!

Thank You!

Thank you all for responding! We want to see as much as we can while we are at each port. We enjoy seeing all the highlights and still have time to do a little bit of shoppoing on our own time. We want to get the biggest bang for our buck. We try to avoid excursions focused on lunches since we would prefer to spend that time seeing what is around.

Thank You!!

We have also found the DIY offered by the ship can be a great way for transportation and on bus guide that offers lots of info and maps prior to arriving and giving the best value especially for a first time visit...No need to worry about the pitfalls of being "completely" on your own and at the mercy of public transportation....Our western med cruise turned out to be a lot easier than expected....Enjoy !!

We deal with all these ports (in great detail) in the appropriate CC Ports of Call/Europe/Med Boards. In fact, the majority of my own 10,000+ posts are on these boards helping folks who want to do ports on their own. Suggest you go to the port boards where you can search for info on each of your ports and read lots of advice including recommendations for excursions.

Hank

We deal with all these ports (in great detail) in the appropriate CC Ports of Call/Europe/Med Boards. In fact, the majority of my own 10,000+ posts are on these boards helping folks who want to do ports on their own. Suggest you go to the port boards where you can search for info on each of your ports and read lots of advice including recommendations for excursions.

Hank

I agree with Hank, go to the port boards and decide if DIY is for you. We do our own thing probably 75% or more of the time.

Archived