Priority vs. VIP

deerby27

When I printed my luggage tags a couple of months ago they said VIP on them. If I should print them now they say PRIORITY. My question is , what is the difference?

nothing!! Everyone who had VIFP on their card (which is EVERYONE) THOUGHT they were VIP, when in fact you have to be Platinum or above to actually be VIP

so Carnival changed VIP (Diamond and Platinum) to Priority

I ran into a lady in the platinum line in Sept who argued with me she was VIP. I could see her card, she was not.

A lot of people were too confused, and thought the new VIPF program now meant they were suddenly VIPs and had VIP perks.

Its to avoid confusion

I just came back from a cruise and my tags said VIP.

Lucky you. Mine said neither VIP or priority and I had just printed them off the night before the cruise and stuck them in with my passport and never checked them.

I almost had trouble getting to the VIP boarding area.

Pays to check those boarding passes .. that they have one or the other if you are platinum (or diamond)

Lucky you. Mine said neither VIP or priority and I had just printed them off the night before the cruise and stuck them in with my passport and never checked them.

I almost had trouble getting to the VIP boarding area.

Pays to check those boarding passes .. that they have one or the other if you are platinum (or diamond)

Yep I always make sure they say VIP.

So, I have mine printed for January back when they said VIP, now if I go in, the boarding pass says priority and the luggage tags just have a "P" in front of the room number. Should I keep my VIP ones or re-print the new ones? I kind of want to keep the VIP, but I don't want to cause confusion if everyone is now looking for Priority and not VIP. Thanks for any help.

I really don't think it matters too much. :rolleyes: With any luck, the embarkation staff will know that there are likely to be folks who printed their tags early, and still have "VIP" printed on 'em, instead of "Priority". Six of one, half a dozen of the other. ;)

"SKY"

There was some confusion in the past (especially in Miami) when platinum and diamond tags had the VIP designation but not the Faster to the Fun circular Logo. Some of those bags, ours included, were not given special handling. If you are using an older tag that says VIP make sure it has the FTTF circle on it, if the ship is in that program.

We cruised on the Valor on December 9th with luggage tag that said VIP and had the FTTF logo. This bag was specially delivered shortly after we boarded by a woman wearing a white blouse with epaulets carrying a clipboard, not the standard room steward garb. The bag had an additional orange tag overwrapping the standard tag that said Faster to the Fun. I am uncertain why we got that special handling, but it was appreciated.

Yup - everyone who had "VIFP" status (ie everyone!)

was trying to get in the VIP lines. :eek:

That is my understanding Barry. Now you can purchase VIP status for $50 and be ahead of everyone. They say no. But I have readon JH page where the $50 wonders end up in front of Platinum and Diamonds. :confused:

That is my understanding Barry. Now you can purchase VIP status for $50 and be ahead of everyone. They say no. But I have readon JH page where the $50 wonders end up in front of Platinum and Diamonds. :confused:

Not that I am an elitist, in fact this will be our first and more than likely last VIP cruise due to cost prohibitors, But as a comic put it. This is what happens when one star people get 4 star treatment. For goodness sakes! Act like ya been there!!!

LOL!

Gotta get your money's worth, right!!!

Not that I am an elitist, in fact this will be our first and more than likely last VIP cruise due to cost prohibitors, But as a comic put it. This is what happens when one star people get 4 star treatment. For goodness sakes! Act like ya been there!!!

LOL Just got a vision of Jeff Foxworthy's description of his family on vacation....luggage was Walmart bags and coolers.

Archived