Drinking while on vacation

Ship's Wake

I find it interesting when reading through the different cruise line boards when alcohol packages or booze smuggling is discussed how many cruisers seem to drink 4, 5, 6 or more alcoholic drinks per day.

Besides the alcohol, that's 500-1000 extra calories per day!

Makes one wonder if this is normal behavior when not cruising.

Anyone else notice this?

I find it interesting when reading through the different cruise line boards when alcohol packages or booze smuggling is discussed how many cruisers seem to drink 4, 5, 6 or more alcoholic drinks per day.

Anyone else notice this?

No, for most people it's an exception to the norm.

But then so is pigging-out in the buffet. ;)

No harm in letting your hair down once in a while & the hell with calorie-counting.

But each to their own.

In my case, that's a frozen BBC :D

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

If I had 4, 5, 6 alcoholic drinks per day I would be cutting back:eek:.

Anyone else notice this?

4 alcoholic beverages a day and I would sleep through most of the cruise!:eek: Alcohol always makes me sleepy.

From looking at my own family, I would say that the amount of drinking is not the norm but a vacation splurge.

Anyone else notice this?

I often wonder how many exaggerate how much they are drinking. It's more likely that the truly heavy drinkers are a small minority.

It's a vacation. A break from the usual routine. A time when you don't have to be concerned about getting to work on time, doing chores, taking kids to activities or getting to bed early.

A time to allow one's self the luxury of a morning mimosa or a midday frozen cocktail because you know you don't have to get behind the wheel.

I never judge the drinking habits of other vacationers unless their drinking results in unruly behavior. It's none of my business if they have one drink or 4,5,6, or more.

And it's not my business if they consume more calories while on vacation from whatever source, whether it's from the bar or from that extra dessert at dinner.

It's a vacation. A break from the usual routine. A time when you don't have to be concerned about getting to work on time, doing chores, taking kids to activities or getting to bed early.

Yep! The perfect time to drink oneself into a drunken stupor every day to make absolutely sure that the drink package is utilized to the fullest! Gotta get your money's worth. :)

Vacation is one of the rare times I drink. I might have 2-4 beverages per day as a result of that. I have no work in the morning, no obligations and I don't have to drive home. So I can let down my hair and have a few drinks with no stress or guilt.

I have thought about the calories and sugars involved with it... but it's vacation and I let myself have fun for a week and eat all the deserts I want as well. :) I lost 105 pounds and I know how to eat properly, one week off is not going to harm me since I have the willpower to get right back on track the next week.

Edited by sherilyn70

Anyone else notice this?

That's why you see all those people in the gym and on the jogging/walking track the next morning.:D

I drink a couple glasses of wine nightly.....on vacation, I like to get a buzz going! Not just on cruises, but having a couple beers or mixed drinks is quite normal, to me. I guess it's just what you're used to!

BTW, I'm not big/fat/fluffy at all!

[QUOTE=LA_CA_GAL;40599014]

If I had 4, 5, 6 alcoholic drinks per day I would be cutting back :eek:

======================

:D Funny Above!

Good Grief ... and why cut back when you aren't driving! :p

LuLu

~~~~

Good grief - why the need to drink heavily when on vacation? Isn't being on vacation a good enough high without clouding the experience with copious amounts of alcohol? :confused:

I want to experience my vacation, not be oblivious to it because I am drinking too much while on it. I don't need to be buzzed from alcohol to enjoy myself.

Edited by sloopsailor

I didn't realize that complete strangers were keeping track or worrying over my drinking. I doesn't matter to me, just surprised. What matters is that I keep track of my own drinking. But if watching and evaluating what people you don't even know do, I couldn't care less. Just keep it to yourself, I don't care about or want to hear your judgements. I'll live my life, and you live yours.

Edited by jamessemaj

It is a funny thing about drinking and calories I have known many people who drink a lot (way to much ) and most if not all are thin. It also to me debunks low carb diets I know people who drink beer all day and are thin in fact I think people who drink the most are thin . Not to say this is wise but it is a puzzle as far as calories and carbs. As far as drinking on cruises I think it is somewhat overstated I have not seen many people that are really drunk or sloppy ,or may be I am just used to it .(kidding)

I didn't realize that complete strangers were keeping track or worrying over my drinking. I doesn't matter to me, just surprised. What matters is that I keep track of my own drinking. But if watching and evaluating what people you don't even know do, I couldn't care less. Just keep it to yourself, I don't care about or want to hear your judgements. I'll live my life, and you live yours.

I didn't realize that complete strangers cared about what I personally think about having too many drinks. I doesn't matter to me, but I am not surprised since along with drinking too much, these people always feel compelled to defend their actions. What matters is that I have certain values and I live my own life according to them. But if reading and evaluating what people you don't even know think about such things, I couldn't care less. Just keep it to yourself, I don't care or want to hear your rationalizations. I'll live my life, and you live yours.

Are were good?

Edited by sloopsailor

3,400 bottles of assorted wines

200 bottles of champagne

200 bottles of gin

290 bottles of vodka

350 bottles of whiskey

150 bottles of rum

45 bottles of sherry

600 bottles of assorted liqueurs

10,100 bottles/cans of beer this is what is consumed on Celebrity Constellation on a 7 day cruise. You could double or triple this amount on a 7 day Oasis cruise. I could not find the actual number but I remember reading that Oasis had set a RCI record of 25,000 cans and bottles of beer on a single 7 day cruise

In every day life I eat 1,200 calories a day and drink maybe once every 2 months, when I go on my 12 day cruise over Xmas and New Years I am going to eat what ever I feel like and as much as I feel like and drink cocktails everyday, it's a holiday after all.