Allure Family OceanView #11128/#11528

I always chuckle when I see people asking about specific room numbers here on CC, because I wonder what the chances are that someone that just happened to stay in that room previously just happens to see that particular post. That being said......I decided to give it a shot! :p

We are planning on sailing on Allure for my Dad's 70th birthday in Oct 2013 and are anxiously waiting for the itineraries to come out. I've been back and forth on which rooms I want to book, but I think I have narrowed it down depending on what the price ends up being. I was fine with an inside family room (myself, DH, DD, DS, D(Niece), D(nephew), but my Mom has insisted she wants us to have a "view" and wants to pay for the oceanview family room (uh....okay!! :D). They will be on deck 11 (hump balcony) and we would like to be on deck 11 too so there are very limited choices for an FO. I'm thinking from looking at the deck plans that the 2 FOs on the aft "corners" (11128/11528) may look slightly bigger than the FOs on the very back (aft) of the ship, which actually look longer and thinner. Has anyone stayed in these rooms that can give some insight? I know there is also the option of 2 connecting rooms, which would give us an extra bathroom, but we've discussed it and it just isn't the option for us. Of course, price will be a big contributing factor and we may have to go back to the drawing board once we find out the cost. Since you can't book family rooms online and I know they go quickly, we are waiting patiently (ok, maybe not so patiently) for the itineraries to come out hopefully on 5/14 so we can book right away. Any feedback anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!! :)

• 5 years later...