book made of envelopes

Willie T

Not sure how easy it will be to look at this photo and kind of guess how she did it, but maybe this will help. It kind of looks to me like she split one envelope open to lay flat and be the front & back cover, and then maybe inserted intact envelopes in the center, with some tabs at the top to separate each envelope.

Unfortunately she doesn't show much of the inside, but maybe you can improvise. Would love to see your finished product if you make one :)

HTH,

Shara

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1331056

Says it's for a Christmas card holder but you could eaisly modify to be a scrapbook. I think I just might have to make one of these myself. What a cool idea.

http://www.simplescrapbooksmag.com/blog/blog_entry.ihtml?idx=1418

There are several photos of the steps. Make sure to scroll down to where you can see the envelopes inside.

Cheers!

Shara

I told ya I loved Cruise Critic!!! I such a clutz trying to find stuff online. Thank you so much. This is what she made, except she had covered and embellished each envelope also. I loved it, and of course went right out and bought the envelopes that very day! As usual, time passed, and I forgot what I had seen, now like 4 month later I'am in the mood again. Thank you all, hopefully this week end I can work on it. I would like to make one for all the people in our group cruise, but with only "83" days left, weeeeelllll, I just can't see that happening.

Glad that was what you were looking for. In looking at the instructions on the Simple Scrapbooks link it is hard to tell how they constructed the cover. I can't tell if they used a scrapbook that fit the length of the envelopes or made a cover out of something else (???)...

Anyway, it's a terrific idea that I might have to borrow. Would you put mementos inside? I'm just wondering if the standard manila envelope would hold up to people opening and closing to see what's inside.

Of course, when people look at my scrapbooks I usually don't stray too far. I like to make sure they treat them with TLC since I put a lot hard work and time into them ;) .

Good luck!!

Shara

Archived