Eastern Approach to Galveston

grantbob

We lived in the Golden Triangle for the first 30 years of our lives. Given the "priority passes" available now and the fact that emergency vehicles can cause the ferry to leave with only one or two vehicles on it I would "go around" to avoid having to get started early. But honestly, I cannot remember exactly how much longer it takes to go via Texas City.

We got off Navigator of the Seas yesterday and if you get to the terminal early (11:00) you can be on the ship in about an hour...those who got there after noon took about 30 minutes longer.

i would think that before noon on a sunday might not be too bad along the coast and taking the ferry accross altho i would double check the hours of operation on a weekend morning. I bet there would be no line at all. If i was coming from that way and made time i would take that way.

Anytime i plan on taking the ferry tho i make sure i have all my "tags" up to date on my vehicle tho. Have seen many times where the popo rides across on the ferry ticketing those that have expired stickers.

Michael