Princess Cruise from the Houston Port

Looking at taking a b2b 7 day Western Caribbean cruise with my mother out of the Houston Port. Our plan is to fly into Houston Hobby the day before the cruise and stay near the airport (it does not look like there is anything at the Houston Port). Then the morning of the cruise take transfers down to the ship.

Questions:

Has anyone stayed in a hotel near the Houston Port and recommends a hotel?

Has anyone stayed in a hotel near Houston Hobby prior to taking the cruise and then taken transfers down to the ship - any problems with this?

On the return of the first leg, I could get off the ship and purchase another bottle of wine - but is there anything around there?

Anyone recently purchased a bottle of wine on the last day of the first 7 day, and had it available for use in the stateroom during the second leg of the trip.

Have not done a b2b before - but with these two added trips I will reach a new level and I am planning on taking an Alaska next.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.:)

Looking at taking a b2b 7 day Western Caribbean cruise with my mother out of the Houston Port. Our plan is to fly into Houston Hobby the day before the cruise and stay near the airport (it does not look like there is anything at the Houston Port). Then the morning of the cruise take transfers down to the ship.

Questions:

Has anyone stayed in a hotel near the Houston Port and recommends a hotel?

Has anyone stayed in a hotel near Houston Hobby prior to taking the cruise and then taken transfers down to the ship - any problems with this?

On the return of the first leg, I could get off the ship and purchase another bottle of wine - but is there anything around there?

Anyone recently purchased a bottle of wine on the last day of the first 7 day, and had it available for use in the stateroom during the second leg of the trip.

Have not done a b2b before - but with these two added trips I will reach a new level and I am planning on taking an Alaska next.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.:)

Yes, we stayed at the Marriott near Hobby and were very pleased with the hotel, but we are platinum elite with Marriott and got a few little benefits. The Marriott has a free shuttle.

We chose a private limo from the hotel to the cruise port, not any more expensive than two Princess transfers, and you don't have to go back to the airport to catch the ride.

Nothing around the port area...suggest two bottles when embarking since each of you may bring a bottle without paying corkage.

We used the Princess transfers back to the airport after our cruise, and they were quite smooth and nice.

We had a group of 13 take this cruise a few months ago. Thru princess stayed at the 4 seasons downtown, had transport from airport to hotel and then next day to ship all done with ease. I recommend looking into if still an option. Lots to do downtown, a great store across from hotel to buy wine. We took extra onboard and were not charged a corkage above the limit. They just waived us thru.... enjoy your cruise!

I also stayed at the Marriott by Hobby last November. I had a free night award available from Marriott, but the nightly rate was also very reasonable. Hotel appears to be only full-service hotel (with restaurant) in area.

I used the hotel shuttle to go there and back to the airport, where I took the Princess bus to the port (also used Princess bus back to airport).

On the trip back to the airport, the hotel shuttle driver even let me ride to the baggage claim stop. Once back in baggage claim, it was very easy to find the Princess transfer staff.

I also stayed at the Marriott by Hobby last November. I had a free night award available from Marriott, but the nightly rate was also very reasonable. Hotel appears to be only full-service hotel (with restaurant) in area.

Doubletree is also very close to HOU and has a shuttle back and forth.

Since you are on a B2B, each adult can take two bottles of wine (with no corkage fee if consumed in cabin) on when first embarking. Just have proof that you are on a B2B.

Doubletree is also very close to HOU and has a shuttle back and forth.

Good to know, as I consider my winter 2015 cruising.

My choice of hotel in November 2013 was also influenced by the free Marriott Category 1-5 night I had.

Edited by cubfan63

• 4 weeks later...

We also stayed at the Marriott-Hobby twice. The shuttle will take you (and pick you up after :D) to several local restaurants in the area. Last time we stayed a day after and they dropped us off at the movie theater for a quiet night before we caught an early flight the next morning.