"Sunshine" or Quantum of the Seas from Cape Liberty,Starting Decembe 2014 ???

FIRELT5

The "Sunshine" or Quantum Of The Seas just recently appeared on the St. Maarten Cruise schedule which extends out to May Of 2015. The First port of call for the "SunShine" is 12-5-14 followed by other monthly or bi-monthly calls until 4-17-15 with a calling time of 12:15 to 2000. May of 2015 brings the "Sunshine" into St. Maarteen on Mondays 5-11-15, 5-25-15 (The current EXOS 9night Bermuda/Carribean Itin) The time is a dead giveaway since it's a long sail from Bermuda (1st port of call on Saturday) to St. Maarteen on Monday ????

http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

I was strongly considering a one-time jump to Norwegian for the Breakway because the Breakaway looks really interesting, and I want to sail to Bermuda, but I am holding off, waiting to see where the Quantum goes and what the features are going to be. I hope they don't string out the release of the features of the ship.

The captain and the CD both strongly alluded to the Quantum being in Cape Liberty. Hopefully they will have a real terminal by then.

I kinda like the old warehouse type of feeling, lol.

I actually could not agree more, I like the terminal there. Its just a building to check in, and get to the beautiful ship awaiting you to take you on a great vacation. I don't understand the complaints about the terminal, but there are a lot, so maybe I am wrong.

I actually could not agree more, I like the terminal there. Its just a building to check in, and get to the beautiful ship awaiting you to take you on a great vacation. I don't understand the complaints about the terminal, but there are a lot, so maybe I am wrong.

I agree! Both checking in and disembarking at this port has been the easiest of all for us. Parking is very close. No complaints here.

I would be thrilled to sail Quantum from NJ!

Especially if it's a (New !!!) beautiful ship awaiting :>

I would understand that for embarkation/debarkations that go well, its the ship is late ones where you might be stuck there for hours where that could be a pain.

To me, it is not the terminal building, per se, but the need to pile into the shuttle bus :eek: from the terminal to the ship, and back. That is the hassle that I do not look forward to. :(

Just my opinion, which doesn't keep me from using Cape Liberty. :D

Ray in NH

• Administrators

I do too, actually! Don't really know why...it just "fits" the NY area!

Can someone explain please the names - Bayonne-Cape Liberty-Port Liberty??:confused: (I have never been to this part of the USA:o ..yet :D)

Bayonne is the city the port is in, Cape Liberty is the proper name but it is accepted to call it Port Liberty. There is a nice 911 memorial that was a gift from Russia at the port. Here is some info from Wikipedia.

The Cape Liberty Cruise Port, sometimes called Port Liberty, in Bayonne, New Jersey is one of three trans-Atlantic passenger terminals in New York Harbor. It is located at the north side of the 3 km (1.9 mi) long pier of MOTBY, a former military ocean terminal, (which has now been renamed the Peninsula at Bayonne Harbor) and began operations in 2004.[1]

Royal Caribbean is one of the primary tenants. In May 2006 the Freedom of the Seas, then the world's largest cruise ship, was christened in a broadcast carried live on the NBC's The Today Show.[2]

Royal Caribbean has their Explorer of the Seas as its main home port. Celebrity Cruises has their Celebrity Summit here during the summer from May to October.

The terminal marks the first return of the cruise ships to New Jersey Hudson Waterfront since the Hamburg-America Line left its Hoboken, New Jersey dock several decades ago.

It's possible that Royal Caribbean could ask St. Maarten Harbour to remove the Sunshine entries from their schedule until RCI officially releases their own schedule. So, for a bit of lasting documentation, I saved a screenshot showing the schedule described by the OP as it stood this evening on their web site.

Sunshine-Scheduled.png

The "Sunshine" or Quantum Of The Seas just recently appeared on the St. Maarten Cruise schedule which extends out to May Of 2015. The First port of call for the "SunShine" is 12-5-14 followed by other monthly or bi-monthly calls until 4-17-15 with a calling time of 12:15 to 2000. May of 2015 brings the "Sunshine" into St. Maarteen on Mondays 5-11-15, 5-25-15 (The current EXOS 9night Bermuda/Carribean Itin) The time is a dead giveaway since it's a long sail from Bermuda (1st port of call on Saturday) to St. Maarteen on Monday ????

http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

Though a Monday port of call in St Maarten is easily reached by a Saturday departure from MIA, FLL, or CL.

Though a Monday port of call in St Maarten is easily reached by a Saturday departure from MIA, FLL, or CL.

I was thinking that, too, but why wouldn't she get there until 12:15 PM? If she were coming from Florida, she could get there earlier in the morning on Monday.

Archived