Online Checkin and SetSail Pass

didiaust

I have just completed Online checkin and printed my Set Sail Pass

other than my Passport & SetSail pass do I need anything else at embarkation. I booked through an online TA so feeling a bit "at sea" wondering if I get sent any tickets etc. the TA is in USA - I am Down Under.

Di

Hi

You'll probably need your credit card at checkin, but otherwise your setsail pass and passport should be ok.

I'm in Oz, our last RCI cruise was booked directly with RCI but also involved the local agent in Sydney (which is where we made payments).

Before departure we received a kit in the mail from RCI with bag tags and some general information about the cruise, basically saying to make sure you have your set sail pass all done.

Hope this helps.

Jay

other than my Passport & SetSail pass do I need anything else at embarkation. I booked through an online TA so feeling a bit "at sea" wondering if I get sent any tickets etc. the TA is in USA - I am Down Under.

Di

Hi,

We are sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas Oct 19th from Sydney....we are aussies too We have just received email with final cruise documents attached. This is 13 pages long, and includes printable baggage tags. This email came from RCI via our TA in Aust. It is headed 'final electronic cruise documents'. Our TA said that all documents are done via email.

It has everything in it that u need, plus all contact info, more about the ship, policies etc. Of course the 'set sail pass' that you have already printed out is the most important one.

Hope this helps you a bit. Have a great cruise.

Jen

Di

As another poster stated, you need to bring your credit card. I just want to add that you should ensure you bring the same credit card you indicated on the SetSail pass. After I filled out my SetSail pass, our credit card was lost and replaced, so I showed up at check-in with a different credit card. No big deal except I had to fill out more paperwork and what normally takes 5 minutes took 30 minutes.

If you booked with certain kinds of promotions, such as residency discounts or military discounts, you may be asked to provide proof of eligibility.

"As another poster stated, you need to bring your credit card. I just want to add that you should ensure you bring the same credit card you indicated on the SetSail pass."

Bit concerned when I completed online checkin I only had to provide the last 4 numbers of the credit card.

Bit concerned when I completed online checkin I only had to provide the last 4 numbers of the credit card.

I had to provide the type of credit card, expiration date, and last 4 digits. If you want the speediest check-in, just make sure the credit card you present at check-in matches the information you provided on your SetSail pass.

• 1 month later...

This is my first cruise and I am really worried I will forget something or screw something up...lol.

When is the earliest I can do the online check-in ?? When I do the check in does that automatically give me the set sail pass info to print or is that something separate I have to fill out online ?

I leave in just less than 3 weeks can I do my check in now ?

Thanks for the info !!! :)

This is my first cruise and I am really worried I will forget something or screw something up...lol.

When is the earliest I can do the online check-in ?? When I do the check in does that automatically give me the set sail pass info to print or is that something separate I have to fill out online ?

You can complete the online check-in as soon as you book the cruise, months in advance if you like. Completing the online check-in is what gives you the ability to print your SetSail pass. However, you will only be able to print the SetSail pass after final payment. In your case, if you are less than 3 weeks away, you must have made final payment, so you should be able to print the SetSail pass as soon as you complete the online check-in.

Just don't wait til the last minute - about 3 days before the cruise they shut it all down and you won't be able to access your reservation or do online checkin/print set sail pass. Even if you miss it - you can still get on the boat with correct documentation - just takes a bit longer is all. But do not panic when everything disappears online a few days before the sailing.

Archived