An Evening at Le Cirque in the Pinnacle Grill

a1linz

It began on Nov 1.

Now here is the confusing part....

I called ship services to ask about this, and here is the conversation:

Me: I have read about the LeCirque menu one night on each cruise at the Pinnacle Grill

HAL rep: Oh yeah, I read about that, too

Me: Um, well, I was hoping to talk to someone who could tell me how to arrange this and what night it was going to be on our particular cruise

HAL rep: You have to book it on the cruise

Me: OK, do you know what night it will be on that cruise?

HAL rep: no, it is at the captain's discretion. They may not even have one that week.

Me: I thought there was going to be one per cruise.

HAL rep: I don't know about that. We really haven't been told a lot about this.

Me: Thanks, guess I will wait till more info is dispensed

HAL rep: Me too! Thanks for calling Holland America.

Did that clear it up for you? :D

curious, does anyone know if the 25% mariners discount applies to this as it would for a Pinnacle dinner? I had booked an evening already and now booked the 5th night out(sea day) in the hopes it would be the right evening, figured that way I at least had the reservation! thanks for any info, has anyone done this dinner yet? K

I notice there have been several recent threads asking about Le Cirque. I'm not sure why HAL is saying it is "starting" this month - maybe that's true on some ships, but they had it going all summer long on the Oosterdam.

Here's a link to my post about our experience in Le Cirque (skip down to the fifth paragraph):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25843456&postcount=15

Sounds like they may have raised the price from $35 to $39 since then.

We're booked on a 14 night Volendam cruise in February. Checking the PG reservation dates online for that cruise, right now three are "blacked out" - I assume that means they will be doing Le Cirque those three nights. If so, for sure we will go again - but one night will be more than enough.

curious, does anyone know if the 25% mariners discount applies to this as it would for a Pinnacle dinner? I had booked an evening already and now booked the 5th night out(sea day) in the hopes it would be the right evening, figured that way I at least had the reservation! thanks for any info, has anyone done this dinner yet? K

I wouldn't count on a discount. I inquired about the discount on the Chef's Table and was told "no" as it is a special dinner.

I notice there have been several recent threads asking about Le Cirque. I'm not sure why HAL is saying it is "starting" this month - maybe that's true on some ships, but they had it going all summer long on the Oosterdam.

Here's a link to my post about our experience in Le Cirque (skip down to the fifth paragraph):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25843456&postcount=15

Sounds like they may have raised the price from $35 to $39 since then.

We're booked on a 14 night Volendam cruise in February. Checking the PG reservation dates online for that cruise, right now three are "blacked out" - I assume that means they will be doing Le Cirque those three nights. If so, for sure we will go again - but one night will be more than enough.

That is strange that 3 nights would be blacked out on a 14 night cruise. I would think that they would only have the Le Cirque offered one night during a cruise. Wonder if you have a group on board that has the booked the Pinnacle a couple of times.

That is strange that 3 nights would be blacked out on a 14 night cruise. I would think that they would only have the Le Cirque offered one night during a cruise. Wonder if you have a group on board that has the booked the Pinnacle a couple of times.

I made our reservation for Pinnacle for the last night (hoping to avoid the MCD) and it was confirmed. I did notice one day was not available so perhaps that's the LC dinner. I would be fuming if the only choice was the Italian restaurant. No, we don't "do" the Lido. I'm wondering if the chose to have the dinner on the same night as the MCD because so many people were escaping.

When in February is your cruise? If it falls during Valentine's Day, then February 14th won't be available for online booking, but will be available once you board. As to the other two, I think the original wording in HAL's Le Cirque announcement said that the Pinnacle would be set aside "at least once" during a cruise, so I guess it's conceivable that it could happen twice on a 14-day sailing.

I wouldn't count on a discount. I inquired about the discount on the Chef's Table and was told "no" as it is a special dinner.

Actually, the cost is broken into two portions, one listed as main dining room and one listed for the Pinnacle. The Pinnacle charge reflects the Mariner discount. We've done this type of dinner or similar twice (Prinsendam and Volendam) and both were charged the same way. So, it's only $10 less for a four star Mariner.

The first time, we were confused bu the billing that showed up on our charges and the Pinnacle manager explained it to us as two charges. Hope this helps.

I made our reservation for Pinnacle for the last night (hoping to avoid the MCD) and it was confirmed. I did notice one day was not available so perhaps that's the LC dinner. I would be fuming if the only choice was the Italian restaurant. No, we don't "do" the Lido. I'm wondering if the chose to have the dinner on the same night as the MCD because so many people were escaping.

It's a shame that you're discounting Canaletto like that. The food was incredible this past Spring on Amsterdam

Actually, the cost is broken into two portions, one listed as main dining room and one listed for the Pinnacle. The Pinnacle charge reflects the Mariner discount. We've done this type of dinner or similar twice (Prinsendam and Volendam) and both were charged the same way. So, it's only $10 less for a four star Mariner.

The first time, we were confused bu the billing that showed up on our charges and the Pinnacle manager explained it to us as two charges. Hope this helps.

I am well aware of how the new system works. Until our recent cruise we had no problems getting credit for the regular Pinnacle dinners that we had prebooked. It always showed on up on shipboard account as a "Loyality" credit. This last cruise we had to have the concierges take care of it for us.

It is the "Special" dinners that you do not get a discount.

When in February is your cruise? If it falls during Valentine's Day, then February 14th won't be available for online booking, but will be available once you board. As to the other two, I think the original wording in HAL's Le Cirque announcement said that the Pinnacle would be set aside "at least once" during a cruise, so I guess it's conceivable that it could happen twice on a 14-day sailing.

It was a couple of years ago in Feburary when we learned that you could not prebook the Pinnacle for holidays. So it is not new to me. Since we boarded the ship on Deck 2 we just went to directly across the hall to the Pinnacle and made our reservation then.

It was a couple of years ago in Feburary when we learned that you could not prebook the Pinnacle for holidays. So it is not new to me. Since we boarded the ship on Deck 2 we just went to directly across the hall to the Pinnacle and made our reservation then.

Actually, this question was aimed more at BaltiGator's statement about the 14-day February cruise and I was wondering when in February it was going to be taking place. I just wanted to point out that all three blacked out nights might not necessarily all be assigned to the Le Cirque experience.

and had to go to Pinnacle to book. Even boarding early we had very few time choices. I doubt that they would have the LeCirque dinner that night as it's easy to sell seats.

I don't think I ever said that they would have the LeCirque dinner on Valentine's Day. I was pointing out that the reason February 14th would be blacked out is exactly because of not being able to pre-book it online due to Valentine's Day (although BaltiGator never did confirm whether or not February 14th was indeed one of those dates).

I am well aware of how the new system works. Until our recent cruise we had no problems getting credit for the regular Pinnacle dinners that we had prebooked. It always showed on up on shipboard account as a "Loyality" credit. This last cruise we had to have the concierges take care of it for us.

It is the "Special" dinners that you do not get a discount.

Sorry, but I felt my answer was regarding the special dinners such as the Chef's Dinner as well as a Sommerlier Dinner we've attended and was passing along our experience as it had been said there was NO discount and I was only trying to point out that the Pinnacle portion of the charge is reduced, but not the other portion.

I'm not sure how my response did not answer the question that was asked. :confused:

I don't think I ever said that they would have the LeCirque dinner on Valentine's Day. I was pointing out that the reason February 14th would be blacked out is exactly because of not being able to pre-book it online due to Valentine's Day (although BaltiGator never did confirm whether or not February 14th was indeed one of those dates).

Well, cheese lady, gimme a chance! ;) I'm not on this board a lot right now.

Yes Feb 14 was one of the dates. Thank you for the info about Valentine's Day. I did not realize they would block online rezzies for that day.

The other two dates that are "blacked out" for the PG on my Feb cruise now show as available for Le Cirque. So it appears there will be two Le Cirque evenings on 14-day cruises (or at least on this one). I will definitely book one of them.

Although it's always a guess about which nights will be formal, a look at the itinerary leads me to believe that the two Le Cirque nights could be formal nights too (one is a sea day, the other an early port departure). This was not the case on my last cruise, when the Le Cirque night was a smart casual night. But maybe HAL feels they can get more people to fork over that kind of dough in the PG on a dressy night?

Archived