Purple Parking for Cruise Parking

Having booked a 25 day getaway cruise on Aurora, i obviously didn't qualify for the free car parking with Candps. They charge £252 for this cruise. I regularly fly from Heathrow and always use purple parking. I have found them to be excellent.

I contacted purple parking and they will meet me at the terminal, take my car away and return it at the end of the cruise for £153.

Anyone else ever used them for cruise parking?

We always use parkatmyhouse now, never had any problems and much, much cheaper. There's an excellent one close to the dock gates.

Can you give any more info as to which one you use?

I have used parking4cruises for past 2 cruise and up coming cruise on 8th August. But I am sure parkatmyhouse is even cheaper if you can locate a good place.

Hi

Someone recently on the s2ki UK Forum used them and damaged their car, they obviously denied causing it, others said similar stories.

Me, I'd avoid.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

If you search Google for Purple Parking, you will find some very bad reviews. I was considering them for our parking at Heathrow, but have used the proper car park there as I didn't like the sound of them.

If you search Google for Purple Parking, you will find some very bad reviews. I was considering them for our parking at Heathrow, but have used the proper car park there as I didn't like the sound of them.

Have used them loads of times at heathrow, not an issue, they are great. Never used them at the cruise terminal though. Just wondered if anyone had?

Have used them loads of times at heathrow, not an issue, they are great. Never used them at the cruise terminal though. Just wondered if anyone had?

We used them at Heathrow once. Brand new car, came back and battery so flat we couldn't even open the doors and even the clock had stopped. Got started with AA and when we got home went to car dealership who checked everything and couldn't find any problem. It never happened again. Purple MUST have left something on. Wouldn't use them (and haven't) again.

Can you give any more info as to which one you use?

I have used parking4cruises for past 2 cruise and up coming cruise on 8th August. But I am sure parkatmyhouse is even cheaper if you can locate a good place.

We used bikerbabe, close to dock but only one parking place and she is popular. We also used this site for Heathrow, great price for all in service.

We use cruise parking ltd.... Based 20 mins from dock.... Cases loaded into coach or minibus, keys handed over, and off you go!!! £95 for our forthcoming 12 nighter!!! Valet is extra but worth it!!

We use cruise parking ltd.... Based 20 mins from dock.... Cases loaded into coach or minibus, keys handed over, and off you go!!! £95 for our forthcoming 12 nighter!!! Valet is extra but worth it!!

parking4cruises is more or less valet parking and cost us £92 for 14 days! The 'official' valet parking through CANDPS would have been £152. Much happier now I have found an alternative.

There was more stuff about these companies last night on TV. One car had leaves all over the inside. Another had been driven to somebody's home. The BBC crew put a GPS or something in it to check. I'll keep my keys with me thanks. We got a good deal at Heathrow. Park your car and the area is patrolled. Keep your keys with you. I paid £110 for 26 nights! £95 for 12 days is not good in my book

Being a Southampton local, I'd suggest you avoid all but the official service.

Am i not right in thinking that you hand over your keys to CPS who park the car for you?

"official" suppliers of cruise peripherals like excursions and parking are massively overpriced. They rely on fear and laziness of an essentially elderly clientele. And passengers who hand over £11 per day to CPS then do their utmost to convince themselves and others that alternatives are too risky.

The key with parking is to ensure that the parking service really does have a secure parking compound. Do your research . Parking4cruises looks good.

Archived