YouTube Travel Videos

Cruzer Two

• 6 months later...
Located at the confluence of the Amazon and Topojos rivers, Santarem is a popular stop for regional boats traveling between Belem and Manaus, Brazil. Once home to the Tapojos Indians it was a large agricultural chiefdom before the arrival of the Europeans. The meeting of the Amazon and Tapojos Rivers is known as the "Meeting of the Waters". The rivers run side by side for three miles without mixing due to the difference in temperature, speed and densidty. Located near Santarem is the resort town of Alter do Chao that is home to the beautiful white-sand island known as Ilha do Amor - Island of Love.This video shows the highlights of our visit to Santarem and Alter do Chao.

Enjoyed the video; thank you. What boat tours are available for a half day tour in these ports? We will be on a large cruise ship but would like to organize small small group tours. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Enjoyed the video; thank you. What boat tours are available for a half day tour in these ports? We will be on a large cruise ship but would like to organize small small group tours. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for the nice comments on the video. Sorry I can't provide any information on a private tours since we took a Holland America shore excursion on a small regional boat to the Meeting of the Waters and then up a small tributary for some Piranha fishing. The port area is fairly small, but there were lots of boats docked near our ship so I'll be you'll find local people offering private boat ours at a reasonable price. Have fun!

I've been doing something similar myself, here's a sample...

[YOUTUBE]0MajgXkEwDk[/YOUTUBE]

Not quite as many views or subscribers - any advice?

Edited by CoW mAn
Posted the wrong thing in the wrong thread

• 2 months later...
YES! We just found this post! We have a Cruise with kids video that we would love to share with you all. What do you think?

P_yx5fGReeQ

SISreviews,

I started this thread to show my travel videos to people that are seeking information on what to do in various ports of call. Please feel free to start your own thread to highlight your cruise videos. I don't want this thread to get bogged down with people wanting to share videos of their kids.

Thanks,

Ron

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Ron, a great set from a fascinating trip to another area I must visit. I think this last one was my favourite as I can most easily relate to it. All the best, Tony

Thanks for the nice comments! This was a very interesting and emotional day. The war museum and the Hellfire Pass museum showed in graphic detail what the POWs and forced laborers were forced to endure. A great move that tells more of the story is "The Railway Man" with Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth. The movie is based on a true story about Eric Lomax, a British officer who was captured in Singapore and sent to Thailand to work on the "Death Railway". It is brutal to watch, but it shows how terrible these men were treated. It played in the theaters in 2013, but it is still available on Netflix!

• 2 weeks later...
I have recently uploaded two aviation videos to my Youtube channel that might be of interest to you world travelers.

Delta through the Decades

Yes, I produced this presentation showing the history of Delta Air Lines shortly after the merger with Northwest Air Lines was completed in 2008 and uploaded it to my youtube channel. I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation.

Ron

• 1 month later...