G Deck Cabins over Glass House

tctraveller

I have asked this over on facebook too but there maybe someone on here that has stayed in these cabins. Looking at booking a cabin on G deck above the glasshouse balcony which I believe is now a smoking area. Has anyone found this a problem in these cabins or is it far enough up to not be an issue. Thanks!

Tctraveller, you seem to be asking questions that interest me, but I don't think to ask!

This one is a big concern, we have a cabin on G deck right above the glass house booked for our cruise in July, if this will be affected by smokers from below I will not be happy and this will surely spoil my holiday. It is something that I absolutely can not compromise on, so if anyone can shed any light on this it would be appreciated, so I can try and change cabin. :confused:

Tctraveller, you seem to be asking questions that interest me, but I don't think to ask!

This one is a big concern, we have a cabin on G deck right above the glass house booked for our cruise in July, if this will be affected by smokers from below I will not be happy and this will surely spoil my holiday. It is something that I absolutely can not compromise on, so if anyone can shed any light on this it would be appreciated, so I can try and change cabin. :confused:

What number cabin do you have ?? The deck area for smokers is not very long. Are you directly above the area or downwind? Were you allocated this cabin or did you choose it?? If you chose the cabin, were you aware of where the smoking areas of the ship are?

What number cabin do you have ?? The deck area for smokers is not very long. Are you directly above the area or downwind? Were you allocated this cabin or did you choose it?? If you chose the cabin, were you aware of where the smoking areas of the ship are?

In cabin G403 , it looks like it's right at the edge of the glass house on the deck plans. We chose the cabin, but didn't realise about smoking areas until I've seen this thread. If it is an issue, do you think I would be able to request a change in cabin location?

In cabin G403 , it looks like it's right at the edge of the glass house on the deck plans. We chose the cabin, but didn't realise about smoking areas until I've seen this thread. If it is an issue, do you think I would be able to request a change in cabin location?

Can't help with whether it will affect your cabin or not...but you are right at the end and you won't be downwind, so it might be Ok, certainly whilst at sea.If you are really concerned, you can of course ask to change your cabin, and as you have paid a select fare they should be able to accomodate your request. . Whether they will charge or not is, of course a different matter! Did you book direct with P &O? If so I would give them a call and discuss your options. If througha TA, talk to them and get them to negotiate on your behalf with P &O.

Let us know how you get on ....

Over on the Facebook page about cabins, people who have stayed in these say it wasn't a problem. I'm limited on choice as need an inside opposite for kids, so can choose one of these knowing I'll get a good view but maybe a bit of smoke, or I can choose g319 which is over a lifeboat! Oh decisions!!!

Poppins74 it might be worth calling your agent or p&o to see if you can move if you are concerned.

Over on the Facebook page about cabins, people who have stayed in these say it wasn't a problem. I'm limited on choice as need an inside opposite for kids, so can choose one of these knowing I'll get a good view but maybe a bit of smoke, or I can choose g319 which is over a lifeboat! Oh decisions!!!

Poppins74 it might be worth calling your agent or p&o to see if you can move if you are concerned.

What Facebook page is it where they talk about this? The advice from mysticalmother about being right at the end and not being downwind seems to have given me a little piece of mind, but I am going to see TA at weekend to see if there's a chance of a change of cabin. Thanks

We have stayed in g405 just a few weeks ago. Our cabin looked down onto the outdoor area of Java coffee shop. I would say that we had very little obstruction. i think g403 had a bit more obstruction from lifeboat, it didn't seem stop our neighbors using it as they were always sat outside. Never had any problems with people sitting outside on the deck below. Don't recall it being smoking area. By the cabin steward is a lovely man named Sachin, quite possibly the most friendly man I've met. Absolutely amazing with us and our children.

Don't know age of your children but this cabin was great for the four of us. A double bed, a sofa bed and a Pullman above the sofa.

Any questions about the cabins just ask.

We have stayed in g405 just a few weeks ago. Our cabin looked down onto the outdoor area of Java coffee shop. I would say that we had very little obstruction. i think g403 had a bit more obstruction from lifeboat, it didn't seem stop our neighbors using it as they were always sat outside. Never had any problems with people sitting outside on the deck below. Don't recall it being smoking area. By the cabin steward is a lovely man named Sachin, quite possibly the most friendly man I've met. Absolutely amazing with us and our children.

Don't know age of your children but this cabin was great for the four of us. A double bed, a sofa bed and a Pullman above the sofa.

Thanks for that response, that has just saved me a trip to travel agent tomorrow and put my mind at rest. The next response also says that it's at the odd number side where the smoking is a issue so we should be okay. Phew! As for the obstruction, I have been trying to get an idea of how much of an obstruction we would have, and from sound of your comments it doesn't sound like we will have a full lifeboat blocking our view. Our son is 15 so the sofa bed will be used but not the Pullman.

I'm getting so excited now can't wait!

• 1 year later...

Hi there, we have cabin G405 booked and have just read a post about it being a noisy room with some kind of extractor fan constantly running, can you tell me if you also experienced this and any other tips about the cabin would be greatly appreciated. Myself, my husband and 14 year old daughter will be in the room so it's useful to know that the sofa bed is big enough for a teenager.

Many thanks,

Bikermouse

Hi there, we have cabin G405 booked and have just read a post about it being a noisy room with some kind of extractor fan constantly running, can you tell me if you also experienced this and any other tips about the cabin would be greatly appreciated. Myself, my husband and 14 year old daughter will be in the room so it's useful to know that the sofa bed is big enough for a teenager.

Many thanks,

Bikermouse

I don't recall any noise at all, that doesn't mean there isn't any just we didn't notice it. We liked this cabin. The sofa will be ok for your daughter. We have booked the equivalent cabin on the other side of the ship for next year. I think they have changed the smoking area now to be the outside area of java. I'd have a look at p&o website to check.

The only thing that annoyed me about this cabin was the lack of central staircase, but it's just a minor problem. Best thing about g deck is the 1pm boarding time. Anything more specific you want to know I will try to answer.

Thank you 9is, I feel much better now, it looks like a well placed cabin and given it's obstructed it looks like it will have a decent view although I've not been able to find any pictures of this, have just looked on the deck plan but I think you said there was very little obstruction on this cabin?

Thank you again for relieving my concerns, I can get back to being excited!

No-one is allowed to smoke on either of the decks outside The Glass House or outside Java.

The outside smoking deck you are possibly thinking about is on the port side outside The Live Lounge.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

No-one is allowed to smoke on either of the decks outside The Glass House or outside Java.

The outside smoking deck you are possibly thinking about is on the port side outside The Live Lounge.

Thank you, that's good news, but people are talking about smoking outside Java and the Glass House so has this changed recently? I was on Britannia last April and I think people were allowed to smoke outside the Glass House then but I could be mistaken.

Thanks again for your reply,

Bikermouse

That's good to know as I like theses cabins but don't like the smell of smoke. I was just going by something I read on p&o website.

Britannia:

Deck 16 Aft port side near the Sunset Bar area

Deck 7 Aft port side near the Live lounge area outside

Deck 7 Aft mid ship out side Java area

Taken from p&o website.

Hi I have been on Britannia last month with my friend who is a smoker.

She along with many more were smoking outside on this deck but I am not sure if it was outside Java or the Glasshouse.

I certainly would not book a cabin above the smoking area.

Hi I have been on Britannia last month with my friend who is a smoker.

She along with many more were smoking outside on this deck but I am not sure if it was outside Java or the Glasshouse.

I certainly would not book a cabin above the smoking area.

I'm wrong. As per post from 9is above the deck outside Java is where you can smoke. We've never been out there to be honest and, because I know you cannot smoke outside The Glass House, I presumed it was the same - lesson learnt - you should never presume! :)

Stayed in G406 above Glass House a month or so ago and can thoroughly recommend it. No direct obstruction and good value. As others have said the odd number cabins are above Java. Those I've spoken to who have stayed in them have had no issues with noise or odour. .