London private car question.

We will be staying in London for three days before our British Isles cruise on August 17. I am looking to book a private car transfer from Heathrow to our London hotel, but am confused after reading the terms and conditions of a couple of operators. The operators state that they will wait for 30 minutes without charge after landing, but I have been told that it may take us an hour or more to clear customs etc.. Some companies have a field for a later pickup time, but their Terms and Conditions still have the same 30 minute after landing statement. Some sites list their fees for waiting while others do not. I'm confused! Do I need to plan on extra fees if it takes us longer than 30 minutes after landing to meet our driver? What is the average time it takes to clear customs coming from the US? Sorry if these are basic questions that have been answered previously, but I could not find the info in any search that I tried.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This time, I booked mine on Travelocity and it says "our drivers are instructed to wait for passengers up to 90 mins. after actual flight arrival. If for any reason you are delayed, you must call the toll free number and the driver will wait for you."

See if you can find a better service. We've used Ray a few times and have referred many people to him over the years:

https://www.london-transfers.com/ He's always early and will wait for you, no matter how long it takes.

Who did you use? We are looking for something similar as we are on your cruise.

We are also on this cruise on Norwegian Jade...needing all the info we can get on transfers..we arrive in London on the 18th but will stay over night in hotel..then we were told we would need to go back to Heathrow to catch our transfer to the ship on the 19th..to Southampton.