Vista revisited (Havana Cabana this time)...... A fairly lengthy review with pics

jimbo5544

That's Skinny! He is on the Legend now still, I think. He was with us on our 5-23-17 sailing.

In April he said he was leaving the Vista. He must have gone straight to the Legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Was a little late finding your review and it was a great review with alot of good info. Haven't sailed carnival in a while I have been busy sailing on NCL breakaway to Bermuda did that one twice. But tired of running for a pass to the VIBE so when I read here about Havana Cabana I went to carnival site almost immediately and booked one for Sept 30 2018 we have almost same cabin as you guys had but on starboard side cabin 5239 can't wait to board I think the Havana will truly be a relaxing cruise. Let's just hope carnival doesn't start treating it like NCL does with haven and over price it. IMO I think Havana is better than haven

Was a little late finding your review and it was a great review with alot of good info. Haven't sailed carnival in a while I have been busy sailing on NCL breakaway to Bermuda did that one twice. But tired of running for a pass to the VIBE so when I read here about Havana Cabana I went to carnival site almost immediately and booked one for Sept 30 2018 we have almost same cabin as you guys had but on starboard side cabin 5239 can't wait to board I think the Havana will truly be a relaxing cruise. Let's just hope carnival doesn't start treating it like NCL does with haven and over price it. IMO I think Havana is better than haven

Thank you for the kind words, I don't think you will be disappointed in the Vista, we sure enjoyed both our times on her. The Havana area is a home run as far as we are concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love it that a 10 year old has a wish list for Nevis..... and a history lesson to boot. It was a great cruise, thanks for the kudo's, loved doing the review.

Well...I'm taking her to Nevis...Carnival Vista sailing 12/30/17!

Jim thanks for the review it was excellent. I enjoyed the way you wrote it. If I may inquire - in speaking with others in the Havana area - did you come across anyone who had an inside and complained about the noise ? I have 3 inside staterooms in my 2018 sailing and was wondering if the noise from band or elevator (we have on behind the elevator ) will be loud. I'm sailing w my family which includes 3 teens and I don't think it will bother us however was interested in having a little heads up if possible. Also did you notice any teens in the HC area during the day? Mine all are within the min age requirement and don't expect them to spend much time there during the day and will roam and do other things. However I'm curious on both topics. Thank you in advance.

Jim thanks for the review it was excellent. I enjoyed the way you wrote it. If I may inquire - in speaking with others in the Havana area - did you come across anyone who had an inside and complained about the noise ? I have 3 inside staterooms in my 2018 sailing and was wondering if the noise from band or elevator (we have on behind the elevator ) will be loud. I'm sailing w my family which includes 3 teens and I don't think it will bother us however was interested in having a little heads up if possible. Also did you notice any teens in the HC area during the day? Mine all are within the min age requirement and don't expect them to spend much time there during the day and will roam and do other things. However I'm curious on both topics. Thank you in advance.

I did not, that said I was very much impressed that did not hear a thing from the band from our room. Your question is a good one, I would be interested if anyone else knows.

• 4 weeks later...
I do have say folks, that we have pretty much sailed every balcony type room that Carnival offers, including regular and extended balconies, aft balconies and aft wraps, Ocean Suites, Grand Suites, Vista Suites, Owners Penthouse Suites and Captains Suites. This room 5240 we had is pretty darn special. Next July, we sail on the Horizon and have the Havana Cabana Suite two doors down...which will be interesting to see our thoughts and that.

So happy to have found your review! Just booked Havana Cabana #5240 on the Horizon sailing 1/6/2019 out of Miami. Can hardly contain my excitement over our "splurge" for the Havana Experience! :cool:

So happy to have found your review! Just booked Havana Cabana #5240 on the Horizon sailing 1/6/2019 out of Miami. Can hardly contain my excitement over our "splurge" for the Havana Experience! :cool:

Glad you enjoyed the review. It was a pleasure doing it. Say hi to my room for me. 07c66025f84204109535c8a08ae1020e.jpg

Dwayne was on the Miracle last September when we went through Hurricane Newton. He was a blast. Where is he now?

He was on the Vista when we were on in APril but understand he went to Legend in Alaska, from there. Not sure now.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums