Independence Of The Seas refit...?

How extensive will the refit be on the Independence of the seas...?

:confused:

These are the items listed for the Independence dry dock in May 2013:

Outdoor movie screen

Cupcake Cupboard

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Nursery

These are the items listed for the Independence dry dock in May 2013:

Outdoor movie screen

Cupcake Cupboard

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Nursery

Sounds good... I guess they will change all the carpets and most of the furniture in the public areas etc etc...?

Sounds good... I guess they will change all the carpets and most of the furniture in the public areas etc etc...?

They will do a lot of that then. But on most ships, that happens at other times as well, not necessarily during drydock. They'll likely do the large spaces that need it (MDR, restaurants, etc...). But often time individual hallways or even stairwells will be done in phases and during cruises.

I just got off indy and they where changing carpets on our port days

Its still in pretty good nick to be fair we loved it

Yeh I was on the 19th May trip to the med and back and it was in good condition, I was rather impressed. :eek:

• 1 month later...

Is there no large outside movie screen on the Independence of the Seas currently? I saw it listed as one of the items to be adrressed in the dry dock. I thought I saw it listed as a feature of the ship (we sail in December 2012). I also thought there was a cup cake place on board, but may have been mistaken.

Is there no large outside movie screen on the Independence of the Seas currently? I saw it listed as one of the items to be adrressed in the dry dock. I thought I saw it listed as a feature of the ship (we sail in December 2012). I also thought there was a cup cake place on board, but may have been mistaken.

the barbers will be come the cupcake cupboard but not til the refit and they sometimes show movies on the San Tropez deck but just on the wall.

The other two ships have been upgraded already, but IOS will not get these until 2013.

Wow. That is pretty disappointing. Don"t get me wrong, I get that there is still plenty to do on this ship. I was researching both the Freedom of the Seas and Independence of the Seas and thought for sure that I read that the Independence had the outdoor screen and that there was a reference to a cup cake shop (two of my favorite things on a ship). I must have confused the two (there is so much to read and understand...). I am surprised as new as this ship is that it was not originally built with the large screen over a pool. Oh well, paid for now, so I guess we will go without.

Wow. That is pretty disappointing. Don"t get me wrong, I get that there is still plenty to do on this ship. I was researching both the Freedom of the Seas and Independence of the Seas and thought for sure that I read that the Independence had the outdoor screen and that there was a reference to a cup cake shop (two of my favorite things on a ship). I must have confused the two (there is so much to read and understand...). I am surprised as new as this ship is that it was not originally built with the large screen over a pool. Oh well, paid for now, so I guess we will go without.

I believe this is a good reason to book an additional cruise :D

• 10 months later...

Archived