Little Stirrup Cay Cabanas

Lulu1977

Hi all. I am sailing on the Fascination on the 6th and we have been switched from Key West to Little Stirrup Cay. Has anyone been there and rented one of the cabanas? I haven't been able to find out much about them, other than the little Carnival posted online, and I would love to hear from anyone who has been there since the schedule changed. Thanks!

Hi all. I am sailing on the Fascination on the 6th and we have been switched from Key West to Little Stirrup Cay. Has anyone been there and rented one of the cabanas? I haven't been able to find out much about them, other than the little Carnival posted online, and I would love to hear from anyone who has been there since the schedule changed. Thanks!

I was at LSC last week aboard the Ecstasy, but I did not get a cabana. Here is what I observed:

The cabanas are in their own little village, and not really on a beachy area. There is a seawall there, but some of them do have a good view of the water. But no sand beach. Within the village there appeared to be a separate eating area, although I wasn't in the area during meal time, so I don't know if Carnival set that up

They are arranged in a 'half inside, half outside' configuration. think |_|-| kind of s-shaped. One side is under roof, the other is open. Both have chairs. Only one side 'faces' the water.

I was kind of glad I did not get one, because of their location, and because it was just me and my son. But that is just my opinion. If you had a fairly large group,it might be good, I think.

You might get better results if you post this on the RCI board, as it is thier island and Carnival have only just started stopping there, so not much experience from Carnival cruisers

I was just at Little Stirrup Cay AKA Coco Cay two weeks ago. We decided against the cabana there because there was no beach access from them. We did rent a cabanette, which entities the renter to a more secluded beach with clamshells or thatched umbrellas with 2 loungers underneath, 2 bottles of water, 2 floating mats for the water, a fruit plate, and an upgraded lunch in the cabana section for one quarter of the price. I would do this again in a heart beat.

Thank you for your replies. I rented the cabana but when I saw the Cabanettes I thought that I might downgrade. There isn't much sense in spending the extra money when it is just the two of us. When we go to HMC we get the clamshell when it is just me and DH. Originally, this wasn't an option on Carnival's website when our itinerary changed so I went with the cabana. I have a history of skin cancer, which runs in the family, so I like to have shade along with my 50 SPF. Thanks again for your input and happy cruising!

Thank you for your replies. I rented the cabana but when I saw the Cabanettes I thought that I might downgrade. There isn't much sense in spending the extra money when it is just the two of us. When we go to HMC we get the clamshell when it is just me and DH. Originally, this wasn't an option on Carnival's website when our itinerary changed so I went with the cabana. I have a history of skin cancer, which runs in the family, so I like to have shade along with my 50 SPF. Thanks again for your input and happy cruising!

I am on the Fascination on the 6th as well! And was wondering about the cabana/Cabanettes myself due to a history of skin cancer. I am definitely going to check into the Cabanettes! Doesn't sound like the cabana is worth it. Might not be a good idea for me to be in the sun much, but I definitely want my toes in the sand! :)

I am on the Fascination on the 6th as well! And was wondering about the cabana/Cabanettes myself due to a history of skin cancer. I am definitely going to check into the Cabanettes! Doesn't sound like the cabana is worth it. Might not be a good idea for me to be in the sun much, but I definitely want my toes in the sand! :)

Fantastic! I can't wait for our cruise, maybe we will be cabana/cabanette neighbors :) I was wondering, for the cabanettes if they are $49.95 per person or if they are like the cabana, which is one charge per cabana. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the cabana excursion that says you only have to pay for one person and you can bring six. There is not a similar disclaimer for the cabanettes so I am wondering if it is $49.95 pp (thus $100.00 for the day) or $49.95 for the day. Did I succeed in confusing anybody with that ramble? :D The last time I called Carnival and asked about a shore excursion the customer service person was not knowledgeable at all in regards to specific excursions.

Fantastic! I can't wait for our cruise, maybe we will be cabana/cabanette neighbors :) I was wondering, for the cabanettes if they are $49.95 per person or if they are like the cabana, which is one charge per cabana. There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the cabana excursion that says you only have to pay for one person and you can bring six. There is not a similar disclaimer for the cabanettes so I am wondering if it is $49.95 pp (thus $100.00 for the day) or $49.95 for the day. Did I succeed in confusing anybody with that ramble? :D The last time I called Carnival and asked about a shore excursion the customer service person was not knowledgeable at all in regards to specific excursions.

WOW. Glad I read this. I am on the May 6th sailing too and hadn't noticed the cabanette. Of course, that may be because I hadn't checked recently. Going to look at this.

I called Carnival and, not to my surprise, the young lady had zero information. I e-mailed the shore excursion desk and will let you know what, if any, answer I get. One way or another we will have a great cruise on the 6th...under 20 days now. :cool::)

Lulu - we have a roll call thread for our cruise! You should join us!

When I looked at them this morning, my understanding was that the little building type thing was a one time charge of $149. for up to 6 people. Some would be in the sun, some under a roof/in the shade. For the blue half/tent thangy, it was $49. and it would allow room for two chairs.

Given that my two daughters will want Sun Sun Sun, not sure I want to spend that much for just me. I'm sure there are shaded areas, plus sunscreen!

I was just at Little Stirrup Cay AKA Coco Cay two weeks ago. We decided against the cabana there because there was no beach access from them. We did rent a cabanette, which entities the renter to a more secluded beach with clamshells or thatched umbrellas with 2 loungers underneath, 2 bottles of water, 2 floating mats for the water, a fruit plate, and an upgraded lunch in the cabana section for one quarter of the price. I would do this again in a heart beat.

I am on my IPAD app and it doesn't show signatures. We're you con RCI? The description on Carnival's site only shows the clam shell, 2 bottles of water, and a bottle of champagne. Am I reading that right - for Carnival travelers? I doubt it is an option for me with that.

I am on my IPAD app and it doesn't show signatures. We're you con RCI? The description on Carnival's site only shows the clam shell, 2 bottles of water, and a bottle of champagne. Am I reading that right - for Carnival travelers? I doubt it is an option for me with that.

Good question.... I keep reading that the clam shells and cabanas come with floats, upgraded buffet. I have even seen that that cabanas come with snorkeling gear. None of that is mentioned on the carnival website. Seems like Carnival is either not offering as much or is not doing very good advertising.

We currently have a Cabana booked but after reading some post we are thinking of canceling.

Good question.... I keep reading that the clam shells and cabanas come with floats, upgraded buffet. I have even seen that that cabanas come with snorkeling gear. None of that is mentioned on the carnival website. Seems like Carnival is either not offering as much or is not doing very good advertising.

We currently have a Cabana booked but after reading some post we are thinking of canceling.

These reasons are exactly why I am hoping that my e-mail to the shore excursion folks will be answered. I don't want to cancel my cabana without knowing exactly what I am canceling for. I promise to let you all know what I find out...the website is really skimpy on information.

These reasons are exactly why I am hoping that my e-mail to the shore excursion folks will be answered. I don't want to cancel my cabana without knowing exactly what I am canceling for. I promise to let you all know what I find out...the website is really skimpy on information.

I just had a cabana at Coco Cay. Granted this is through RCI....for $200, we got the cabana all day, a fruit plate, 2 large bottles of water, towels, and our own lunch buffet that included steak and shrimp. The area is all sand and you also have your own private bar. As stated, they overlook the open water on a rocky shoreline, but the beach is only about a 30 second walk away.

The clamshells are on the other side of the island in an area called Barefoot Beach. There, for $50, you get the clamshell (or a tiki hut), 2 lounge chairs, 2 bottles of water, fruit plate, a float, and they give you a ride to and from the buffet through the island's nature trail.

But again, this is through RCI. I do not know how CCL is handling them. But what I can say is, the full cabana is very comfortable and relaxing.

We were on the Fascination's first visit to LSC.

:):)

We had a great time. Carnival staff set up complete lunch buffet (hamburgers, hot dogs, veggies, salads, fruit and desert) with same drink offering as on ship (lemonade, iced tea and water). All included. Didn't pay anything to tender or eat. Lounge chairs were provided on and near the beach.

Loved It!

Mel

Hi all. I finally heard back about the clamshells and here is what was said:

The price is per clam shell which is good for two people.

The Clam shell are in a more private areas of the Island. It comes with 2 bottles of water and a bottle of Champaigne.

Nothing else is included with it.

We are going back and forth on whether to keep the cabana or go with the clamshell...the jury is still out. :)

FYI, the cabanas do not include any beach equipment or snorkel gear.

Thanks for this info....

Do you know if you have to purchase the snorkel excursion to snorkel? I have heard different views on this. We have our own gear but know that some places still charge a fee even when using your own gear.

So the cabana or clamshell gets the "upgraded" lunch?

Bluemusicgrl - what was the cost? we reserved a cabana but are considering changing if the cost is right for cabanette. We read about clamshells but thought it wasn't worth the cost unless we are misunderstanding the set-up of it. We sail on Fascination on the 6th. And are trying to get back into the swing of things since our last cruise was in 2000, feeling like forever ago. :-)

We had one of the cabana's while at LSC in the beginning of April. I thought it was very comfortable and private. We had a party of 4 adults that were just out for a nice relaxing day. They provided fruit tray, veggie tray, chips, salsa and dips, oranges, 6 large bottles of water and champagne. There was a l-shaped couch under the roof, two padded loungers on the porch and several chairs outside of the cabana. There is a bar inside the cabana area along with restrooms. It is a short walk to the beach area. We really enjoyed it not being in the middle of the beach area.

We had one of the cabana's while at LSC in the beginning of April. I thought it was very comfortable and private. We had a party of 4 adults that were just out for a nice relaxing day. They provided fruit tray, veggie tray, chips, salsa and dips, oranges, 6 large bottles of water and champagne. There was a l-shaped couch under the roof, two padded loungers on the porch and several chairs outside of the cabana. There is a bar inside the cabana area along with restrooms. It is a short walk to the beach area. We really enjoyed it not being in the middle of the beach area.

So the cabana area is sort of off to itself? Can just anyone wander through or is it only for cabana "people"? I guess I am wondering if you can leave your stuff to go to the beach or would you need to carry everything with you. .

Archived