Thallostherapy/spa fee on marina

hsmcruise

I understand that for a fee you can have access to the spa deck without having

A treatment (if you are not in a ph suite and up) what is the daily fee, or 10

Day fee (the length of my cruise) this would be on the marina. Thanks!

The price of admission to the spa deck varies with demand.

and is at the discretion of the spa manager.

I hope you are kidding because the "boss" says that is absolutely not true!! (As ia also knew but wanted to check)

Jancruz1

I hope you are kidding because the "boss" says that is absolutely not true!! (As ia also knew but wanted to check)

Jancruz1

As it happens, Jan this is one area where I have absolute hands on knowledge of the policy because I have purchased those Spa Deck passes personally for friends that were travelling with us on several Oceania ships over the course of a number of cruises.

The prices that were payed ranged from a high of $17.50 per day in the Baltic to a low of $12.50 in the Caribbean, and I have been told repeatedly that this price differential was one of the reasons why the Spa does not sell the passes in advance.

I won't argue with "the boss" and perhaps a new policy is in effect, but the shipboard personnel were still operating under the old system as recently as this past May.

We had been considering Oceania, (Marina & Rivera)

Called O today, they said its not available for purchase and only with a treatment.

Interested in this because Marina & Rivera do not have Cabanas for weekly rental and we are used to sailing ships with them...

I guess I will call again tomorrow and see what they say!

We had been considering Oceania, (Marina & Rivera)

Called O today, they said its not available for purchase and only with a treatment.

Interested in this because Marina & Rivera do not have Cabanas for weekly rental and we are used to sailing ships with them...

I guess I will call again tomorrow and see what they say!

I'm not sure who you spoke to at Oceania, or even how you phrased your questions, but apparently you were misinformed TWICE.

The passes are definitely available for purchase, the question is when and where to buy them, and how much they will cost.

I always find it interesting that u can call the same company and get different

Answers depending on who u speak to. I usually ask until I get the answer

I want and it's amazing how that works!

LOL

Yes I agree ...

You would think they have a manual with all the info to check on current policies/pricing of such things

I find this disturbing, I understand the line has to offer perks to people paying lots for their cabin. After 3 or 4 k more for the same trip on the same ship eating the same food seeing the same shows has to get you more than a few more square feet in the room. However as a person in a lower class room I would like to know what it cost to sit on this deck. I might pay it or not as the area did not not seem that special. To go there and be told you can't come here, this is not your area is a super turn off.

I'm not sure who you spoke to at Oceania, or even how you phrased your questions, but apparently you were misinformed TWICE.

The passes are definitely available for purchase, the question is when and where to buy them, and how much they will cost.

Thanks so much!

Now I wonder what else they told me was wrong!!

Only 3 bottles of wine at embarkation, (they hold the rest?) -

Lot's of other things. Maybe I will ask a rep to email me... Hmm.

Thanks so much!

Now I wonder what else they told me was wrong!!

Only 3 bottles of wine at embarkation, (they hold the rest?) -

Lot's of other things. Maybe I will ask a rep to email me... Hmm.

Definitely wrong about the 3 bottles of wine -- some folks have brought a couple of cases of wine on board. There is also no limit on reasonable amounts of beer, liquor or other spirits, at embarkation or any other port. The rules that are in the contract are only there to enable the ship staff to enforce them if there is an obnoxious drunk. Otherwise, Oceania treats you like an adult. Alcohol is NEVER held.

The reps, for the most part, have never been on an Oceania cruise. They only know what they read, and they often misinterpret, or make things up when thye don't know. A good travel agent who has traveled on Oceania is worth her weight in gold. That's where I learned much of what I know about Oceania.

This is the official policy of Oceania on the Spa deck!

Concierge Level and Above is FREE

All Other cabins can purchase SPA Deck passes as follows:

1 day - $25

3 days - $60

5 days - $100

10 days - $175

This is per guest but can be used for non-consecutive days.

In very few occasion we run promos on prices on all SPA services on board and this would also include the spa deck, these are controlled and approved on board

Jancruz1

JimandStam, hondoner, you both seem to know a lot about this line. I do not know if you work for them or not however I must take as fact what comes from the line, not a message board. After all most of the pass never heard of CC. Don't take this in a bad way but my contract is with them.

JimandStan and Hondorner have sailed a ridiculous number of times on Oceania. They are right 99.9% of the time about things like this. They may not work for Oceania, but I can tell you the folks that answer the phones for Oceania are notoriously wrong about stuff like this. The folks on the ship know it all. The folks that answer the phones? Not so much...

JimandStan and Hondorner have sailed a ridiculous number of times on Oceania. They are right 99.9% of the time about things like this. They may not work for Oceania, but I can tell you the folks that answer the phones for Oceania are notoriously wrong about stuff like this. The folks on the ship know it all. The folks that answer the phones? Not so much...

The answer I gave above is correct..my info always comes from the "boss"

Jancruz1

JimandStam, hondoner, you both seem to know a lot about this line. I do not know if you work for them or not however I must take as fact what comes from the line, not a message board. After all most of the pass never heard of CC. Don't take this in a bad way but my contract is with them.

I don't take it in a bad way -- in fact, I really don't care what weight you put on my statements. But, the question was asked on a message board, and I anaswered it. If you don't like or trust the answer, you're wasting your time here.

This is the official policy of Oceania on the Spa deck!

Concierge Level and Above is FREE

All Other cabins can purchase SPA Deck passes as follows:

1 day - $25

3 days - $60

5 days - $100

10 days - $175

This is per guest but can be used for non-consecutive days.

In very few occasion we run promos on prices on all SPA services on board and this would also include the spa deck, these are controlled and approved on board

All prices are identical to post #5 posted by HSMCRUISE who called Canyon Ranch directly on the advice of Oceania reps.

All prices are identical to post #5 posted by HSMCRUISE who called Canyon Ranch directly on the advice of Oceania reps.

Question wasnt so much the prices BUT if they change them according to location..answer I got was no....only specials sometime..thats the difference..

Jancruz1

Question wasnt so much the prices BUT if they change them according to location..answer I got was no....only specials sometime..thats the difference..

Jancruz1

Actually, the OP's question was about the daily fee (or 10-day fee) for a spa pass if one doesn't have a treatment and is not in a PH or above cabin. By the time she made post #5 she had called the Canyon Ranch and got the correct answer about the price for the spa pass which is what she wanted to know.

Actually, the OP's question was about the daily fee (or 10-day fee) for a spa pass if one doesn't have a treatment and is not in a PH or above cabin. By the time she made post #5 she had called the Canyon Ranch and got the correct answer about the price for the spa pass which is what she wanted to know.

Gillianrose,

My answer was from corporate for posting #6 from Jim and Stan

Jancruz1

Definitely wrong about the 3 bottles of wine -- some folks have brought a couple of cases of wine on board. There is also no limit on reasonable amounts of beer, liquor or other spirits, at embarkation or any other port. The rules that are in the contract are only there to enable the ship staff to enforce them if there is an obnoxious drunk. Otherwise, Oceania treats you like an adult. Alcohol is NEVER held.

The reps, for the most part, have never been on an Oceania cruise. They only know what they read, and they often misinterpret, or make things up when thye don't know. A good travel agent who has traveled on Oceania is worth her weight in gold. That's where I learned much of what I know about Oceania.

Thanks for your help. I will def contact Oceania and ask for a supervisor to email me a response to my questions. Thanks to Jim & Stan too...

Archived